Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: VISITOR VISA

Hi,

My parents were denied the visitor VISA (potential immigrant) on july 25, 2004 and now they are re-applying on Aug 29, 2005.

We are two brothers. My elder brother is settled in switzerland for the last 5 years. I am here in US for the last three years.
    Below are the Changes this time:
    1) My parents visited Switzerland last year after they were denied US visa.
    2) He is retired and was employed when he earlier applied for US VISA
    3) My parents have their own house in India and some property
    4) They are apply for SWISS Visa in the coming week which I am sure they will get it
    5) My parents are affiliated to a temple association and they go there regularly.

Based on the above facts, I am looking for you advice. Please help.
    Any help would be much appreciated

What is your status in US and did you send an I-134 for them the last time?
    Will you be sending an I-134 this time? Or will they be spending their own money for their trip?
    What was the reson given to them for their refusal the last time?

Comment

Hi,
      You have to fill up their DS 156 with these relevant detail. They can mention this honorary post they hold at the temple and the temple can also issue a letter stating that they have been active in the activities of the temple. However it is important that they talk at the interview about all this even without being asked questions in this regard to reassert that they will be back in India.
      VEENA
      (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena and Pons1

Thank you very for your inputs. Here is the information you asked.

1) I am in US on H1 and first came here in Sep, 2002.
        2) Yes, I did send them I-134 the last time. No, I am not planning to send the I-134 this time. Rather they will spending their own money for the trip.
        3) They were assumed to be "potential immigrant" and hence were denied the VISA.

4) Yes, they are planning to take the ceritifcate from the temple about their association with them.
        5) "However it is important that they talk at the interview about all this even without being asked questions in this regard to reassert that they will be back in India." Could you please let me know when would be the right time to talk about during the interview??

Some more doubt!!

1) how much bank balance should be sufficient for the trip?
        2) they are applying for a tourist VISA stating that they will be visiting Florida and they would see us if their schedule permits for it. Does it seem to be right approach??

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it.

Regards

Comment

Self financing their trip may go in their favour. However, they must show
          all the wealth they have. All bank balances, deposits, life insurance policies, shares, bonds. Make a sum total of all investments and give the consular one
          big figure when asked about the income. The richer the better. Since he is retired, he must show some ties to India like any property or business or some job.Affiliation with the temple is not something binding, so may not be
          valued as a tie to India.
          When asked about the duration of desired stay, keep it short, about 6 weeks
          for sight seeing US ( not just florida). It may be a nice idea to show
          tentative arrangements made with a package tour from India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X