Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents Needed for my Sister and Mother VISA

Hi,

i have gone thru B2/Visitor VISA documents topic. i got a fair idea. But my case seems bit unusual, so just wanted to confirm with you expert to ensure my family carry proper supporting documents to interview.

My case:
    # i came to US on mid of Jan'2013.
    # My mother and sister will be coming to visit us.
    # My mother will sponser herself as she has business running on her name and files IT return. My mother stays with my Father and my brother & his family.
    # I will sponser my sister. My sister's husband is a police officer and she has 2 kids studying in college.
    # i have filled their DS160 and taken interview appointment for both on same slot.

please suggest :
    # what documents should i need to send for my mother?
    # what documents should i need to send for my sister?
    # what all documents should my mother carry from her side to interview?
    # what all documents should my sister carry from her side to interview?

thanks
    Deepak

You should have sought advice before you took an appointment.
    They can deny just on the fact that you just went to US in january.

Comment

i got your point... but still i wanted to take a chance as it's bit necessary for me... if it get rejected then probably i can try again after six-seven months ...

Comment

please help in answering and suggesting me

Comment

And this is not good strategy, sponsosring one person and not the other.

What is your parents' yearly income roughly?
          What is your sister's family income/yr roughly? ( 0-5 L, 5-10L, 10L +)?

Comment

thanks for this response... i know this is not good sponsoring one and not other but i don't have any choice...

My mother's annual income is around 30 lakhs..
            My sister's family income is very less around less than 5 lakhs.. but she has a property on her name and gold loan on her name...

Comment

Your mother should say that she is paying for herself and your sister's trip .

You should change that in DS 160 for your sister ( you can amend the DS160 till the biometrics date).

There is no need to sponsor.

Anyway, sponsorship is usually a negative thing especially for a young person.

documents;

All you need to send to your mother/sis is an invitation letter on your letterhead, copies of your passport+visa+I-94+approved petition.
              Your mother needs to carry proof of her business ( visiting card, IT returns showing 30lacs income, business registration with govt).

Your mother meets the criteria very well to get the visa and I think your early invitation may ruin it for her. Once denied, chances of denial increase the next time.

I suggest you still; wait for some more months if it can be helped.

Comment

thanks a lot for this detailed suggestion... this is really going to help me... yes i wish i could delay but i can't, actually we are expecting a baby in month of May, so wanted them to be here before that..

Now i am thinking better to let my mother sponsor my sister... i will do the needful as you suggest..

please suggest on my further doubts:

# as you suggested, i need to send invitation letter to my mother and sistser on my letterhead --> i don't have any specific letterhead, i can write on plane paper, sign and scan to them. is it fine ?

# don't i need to send them "letter to consulate" for my mother and sister?

# don't i need to fill I-134 for them ? what is this for ?

# As their interview will be in regional language. Do they need to carry any other document?

# don't they need to fill any affidavite in regional language mentioning their visit to US and family status in India?

# Does my mother need to carry only last year IT return doc or last 3 years ?

# IT return filed document is the acknowldgement which doesn't show the total income. My mother also got a document from chartered accountant mentioning her asset details, balance sheet of the business and total property valuation around 80L. Will that document be enough or this needs to be carry along with IT return acknowledge doc ?

# i cross verified the total annual income of my mother, it is 4L not 30L but her asset mentioned around 80L.

i really appreciate your help on this..

Comment

FOr self funding all they ask about is income. Assets do not count. 4L per year changes everything. It does not qualify for self funding.

You will have to send an I-134 ( affidavit of support ) for both of them(one form only with both their names)
                  with your salary proof, bank statements. . I-134 is NOT to be sent if they are self funding.
                  Letter to cosulate is nothing. Just make a letterhead with your computer and type an invite. Basically they want to see your
                  address/phone . Mention your job, company, salary, working since, visa status on your invite. Do not mention pregnancy. They will deny outright.
                  Anyway they will suspect pregnancy as you are inviting them so soon.
                  Also send your petition approval copy, I-94, passport, visa copies.
                  No affidavits required.
                  Since you are funding , even if she just takes one year of return it is fine.

I suggest you look at the US consulate webpage for your Indian city , they list all the documents required for a visitor visa.

Comment

thanks a ton for this prompt response... hope this will definitely help me... will post our interview result...

Comment

hi,
                      considering your suggestion, now we are thinking to get my mother and sister sponsored by my elder brother.
                      My elder brother is doing business and having annual income more than 10L. And along with that we can show what my mother's earnings and asset ?

# Will it be good idea to get sponsored by my elder brother ?
                      # if YES, then what are the documents required from my brother?
                      # do my brother needs to fill I-134 for my sister and mother ?
                      # do my mother and sister need NOC from my father and brother in law respectively ?

please suggest..

thanks

Comment

It usually is best for the traveller or his/her spouse to fund. If bro was traveling also, then it would have been ok for him
                        to spend for anyone.

I -134 is required only when US host is funding.

I do not think they have a chance reason being you having left recently.
                        If you still want to try, you send an I-134 or forget it.

Comment

thanks all... My Mother and sister got their VISA approved..

Comment

visitor visa for parents

Hi... My visa (L1B) is expiring on june 13 2013.my I94 is valid until june 14 2014. Can i apply visitor visa for my parents and sponsor their visa n trip.request immediate response. Thanks
                            Last edited by dev08; 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X