Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor visa (B2) for cousin brother and sister

Hi,

I work in US and want to call my cousins (aunty's son and daughter) to US for 3 weeks for tourism, attend my anniversary and cultural festivals.
    My cousin brother works in a well known firm with good income. He is married and has a kid. He also owns a house while my cousin sister works part time in a small firm with low income for pleasure. She will get married next year and getting engaged later this year.

My cousin brother will sponsor both their trips. I will take care of their lodging. We are planning to apply in June so they can come in summer or fall.
    They have 4 other sisters who are all married and have kids and they are all in India. Parents are retired and they live with them.

Do you think the situation is good to apply visa?
    Do you have any suggesstions on whether we should apply after my sister's engagement (before marriage) if that might change the situation or can we apply now itself?

Thankyou for helping!
    Last edited by Ramji11; 03-28-2013, 06:00 PM.

The most important issue for the visa officer is to determine if the applicant's
    has strong ties in India that will bring him/her back.

With young , single people who are not settled well in a well paying job/vocation
    there are no such ties , so the common denial 214(b).

With your married cousin it should not be a problem, if he is earning really well
    ( 10L /yr +). With that income he can even fund himself. I think they all should
    try when your female cousin is engaged.
    Because that will increase her chances which are otherwise not so great.

Comment

Thankyou so much. We can apply after her engagement if that increases the chance. What are the documents we may need to prove she is engaged or does saying it is enough?

Also, does it matter if the cousin brother and sister live in different cities in India? My cousin sister will anyway be leaving her part time job in play school soon and stay with her brother in the same city till she gets married next year.

Which is better: unemployed and staying with brother OR working part time in play school and living in different city?

Also, since I have no blood relation with them, there is no issue right? As the fact is that my cousin brother has a family with good income and sister is engaged.

Thanks again!!!!
      Last edited by Ramji11; 03-28-2013, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Let her move in with her bro and then apply.
        Anyway her chances are not that great but an engaged status may help .
        DS 160 does not have an engaged status option, so the officer will only come to
        know only if he asks about marital status during the interview.
        ( she can take some engagement pics with her just in case they ask).

Quite often they ask about history of foreign travel.
        If they can make a short trip to a nearby country like singapore , dubai , it will help.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Sounds good to me.
          Just one clarification, if she moves with her brother and applies, she will be unemployed but engaged. Thats ok right?

I will see if they can have a travel to singapore. Do you think if she also has a property somewhere in India (not the same city as her brother), will that help?
          She was planning to buy one in the city she currently is working part time.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X