Visitor Visa for Parents and parents-In-Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for Parents and parents-In-Law

I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my parents and parents-in-law.

I am sponsoring for my parents and my in-laws are self-sponsoring themselves.

Now, my question is -
    1. should I take 'Group' appointment for 4 of them?
    2. two separate appointments - one for my parents and one for in-laws? Can I have it on same day, same location?
    3. Two separate appointments - on two separate dates??

Kindly suggest, which option I should go for?

Note- I guess, I have sufficient balance for my parents and my father-in-law has sufficient funds to support his travel.
    I am also planning to send two separate sets -
    For Parents - 3 months
    1. I-134 => I am mentioning, I will support all the expense including travel,lodging,medical etc etc
    2. Invitation letter
    3. Letter to consulate
    4. My w-2 and bank verification letter
    5. Employment verification letter.

For parents-in-law (6 weeks)
    1. I-134=> here I am mentioning, I will be accommodating then, when they are in Jersey City. They will stay with us.
    2. In Invitation letter - I am mentioning that they will stay with us when in Jersey City.
    Excerpts
    ++++
    Dear Father-in-Law and Mother-in-Law,

I invite you to visit us and spend some time in USA with us. We have planned to visit famous tourist places like Washington DC, Niagara Falls, Atlantic City, Virginia and other tourist places near New York. It will also be an opportunity for you to see and experience the American culture and lifestyle.

I will come in person to receive you and want you guys to stay with us at abcdt, Jersey City, NJ 07307, for a week before starting our US sightseeing trip.
    My parents are also coming during that time so it will be nice family get-together.

+++

3. Letter to consulate - I am mentioning, I will accommodate them when in Jersey City and they will bear their expense when visiting other cities, including travel, lodging, food, insurance etc.

Excerpt
    ++++
    invite my parents-in-law Mr. and Mrs. Mahajan, residing at abcd, MS, India, to visit us in USA for 6 weeks, starting from May 2013.

The purpose of their visit is social as well as tourism within USA. Mr. Mahajan has sufficient funds and he is going to bear all the expenses including lodging, boarding, food, insurance and travel that may incur. During their visit, they will stay with us (at abcd, Jersey City, NJ 07307) when in Jersey City, to spend some family time with their daughter – my wife, Mrs. Kirti Pandit.
    Mr. Mahajan will cover all the expenses for him and his wife while visiting other cities.
    Mr. Mahajan will bear their (Mr. & Mrs. Mahajan) expenses for air-fare from India to USA and back. He will also cover medical insurance, lodging, boarding, travel, food and other expenses, when visiting other cities.

I will make sure that they leave United States before the expiration of their authorized stay. I request you to grant them a tourist visa for USA.
    ++++

4. my w-2 form and other required documents .

Kindly suggest, if I need to change the invitation letter or letter to consulate.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Vishnu Pandit

The query is quite a lengthy ! So, here it is in nutshell

1. IS it okay to have all the 4 ( parents+ parents-in-law) applicants take appointment at the same time (and same place)?
    I was/am thinking to create Single profile and add all of them there for visa appointment.

2. Is it okay to have parents as sponsored (by me) for 3 months and parents-in-law self-sponsored ( for 6 weeks) - having appointment together?
    I will be sending two different sets of supporting docs.

Kindly advice/suggest.

Regards,
    Vishnu.

Comment

You do not need an I-134 for your in laws if they are self funding.

I suggest they apply separately if they can schedule to travel separately.
      That will be a good strategy increasing likelihood of at least one of them succeeding
      in two different interviews.
      SInce one couple is self funding, it may be hard to discern that in a mass interview of 4 .

Your invite letters are ok. They do not usually look at them.

Comment

Thanks ! Appreciate a lot !!

Comment

Sponsoring for M-I Law & F-I-Law

Hello,

I have a quick question, my husband wants to apply for my parents to visit USA, they have already been rejected 3 times before, now i am a student and he is on valid H1, but the problem is i am not sure if my husband can apply for my parents or not? and if they interviewer asks them why is your daughter not sponsoring then what do they tell? And am i suppose to be his dependent in order to sponsor for them..?

Would be grateful if i get a reply for this.

Thanks
          Pari

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X