Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vistor visa for Sister and family

Hi,

I am inviting my sister and her family (husband and two kids) to visit me in december.Kids are 6 years and 10 years old . What all documents would be needed for the kids that would be helpful to get a visa? My sister is a central govt employee and is in her early 30th and my BIL does Business. I know its risky but would appreciate if any one with similar experience can share their experience/ Suggestions.

They have an appointment for next week.

Please reply.

Thanks

All of them applying for a visit stand a higher chance of refusal because then
    they are suspect to stay back in US.
    It will be better if the husband does not visit you this time since "he must take care of his business." That will act as a tie to India for your sister and her kids.

Documents; Your sister will need an NOC since she is a govt. employee.
    She can get letters from the kids' schools verifying their enrolment and
    the period of vacation. She must show good bank deposits and other
    investments, property, husband's businesss papers, tax returns ; in all a healthy financial base in India.
    If you wish to sponsor ,you will need to send her an I-134, but if she
    can afford the trip herself, you need not send that. Do send her an
    invitation letter though. Keep the requested period of stay short
    (few weeks).
    Last edited by pons1; 08-13-2005, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks Pon1 for your input.

Is there anyone who had similar visa experience?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

My sister and her family went for visa in august and got rejected. They would be going again. Last time they went they said 1 month visit during christmas and pongal as their two kids are in school. Can they say this time they are coming for my housewarming as well as holidays(christmas and Pongal). Does this mean they are changing reasons? Also this time my sister is going alone with one kid and my BIL with another kid after a week of my sisters appointment. would that be a problem? should there be more gap between their appointments.

Thanks

Comment

immihelp/taco/pons1 or anyone else,

Please help.

Comment

Like I advised,all of them should not have applied.
            If you don't want to follow someone's advise, why should anyone advise you?

Comment

Pons1,

It wasn't that i didn't want to listen. Just the thought of taking an appointment again and having to wait so long made us do that. Also a last minute chnage was too hard. I hope u understand.

Any advice is appreciated. I have enought time to follow and make changes.

Thanks

Comment

They will make the same mistake again.I had advised that your BIL not apply.That way he will act as a tie to home country for your sister and kids. If they all apply again they will be refused again. Applying separately
                will make things worse as US embassy wants everyone traveling together to apply together.

Comment

1)So my BIL should not apply at all. And I should take one appointment for my sister and kids. Right?
                  2) Can I add housewarming to their reason of visit in addition to holidays?

Comment

1. Yes, he should not. And your sister should be prepared to answer
                    why he backed out because they'll have everything from the previous
                    interview in front of them.
                    2.Housewarming or Pongal , won't matter , both are casual visits but she should stick to what she said in the first interview.

I may be able to tell you more if you can tell
                    me what were the questions asked and the answers given on the first interview.

Comment

Hey pons1,

Thanks for all the input.

When they went first time all was going well until the counsler asked what is your income? my sister said xx lakhs per month and then they saw a question mark on his face and my BIL said the same per year. basically they got confused. They had a CA statement with a more than 70lks of property in addition to business and jobs. Then the counsler said u cannot afford to go and said ur sister can come and visit you. That's it... thats the main cause.. for rejection..we think..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X