Need help on applying B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on applying B2

I am on OPT, working full time. My graduation is in May'13.

My parents are applying for B-2 VISA.

During DS-160, I was asked for the 'relatives live in US' question, In my mother's case, her sister lives here and she is a citizen. I never showed that when I applied for F-1. How should I take care of this question?

1. My parents are sponsoring their trip.
    2. My H-1 is in process (It was applied on this April 1.)

In mother's case - I am writing my father's name as a sponsor. Is it okay?

Please guide me.

Thank you.

It is your mother's immediate relative, so she should not omit that.
    It is a common thing people do on purpose and constitutes misrepresentation.
    It is also warned about on FAQs on the US embassy website.
    YEs, you can write father as sponsor.

Comment

Thank you...

Thank you, I appreciate your response.

I think during my while filling my father's DS-160, I forgot to mention myself in the same category, and I think I can not change it anymore.

Will it be okay?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by hsmehta88 View Post
        Thank you, I appreciate your response.

I think during my while filling my father's DS-160, I forgot to mention myself in the same category, and I think I can not change it anymore.

Will it be okay?

Thank you.
        How can your father omit you as a relative if he is coming to visit you.
        It is bad.
        You can amend the DS 160 till before the fingerprinting appointment.
        Please amend it.

Comment

Rectified the mistake

I made the changes and now both DS-160 are good, Now I will register on the consulate's website and will take a date.

Since my father is sponsoring the trip, How should I take care of financial document? An extended response can be really really helpful.

How much liquid money needs to be shown? On DS-160 we showed, the intended time for the trip 5 weeks.

What other documents should be collected/shown as a part of the financial documents?

Thank you.

Comment

For self funding good income is required. That is one question that they will always ask ; what do you do and how much do you earn.
            They are not interested in bank balances or fixed assets.

Usually they do not look at any documents but he must carry bank statements and IT returns and salary stubs if salaried.

Comment

Thank you...

Thank you for your guidance. IT resolved certain queries. My parents got B2 VISA. I thought to share asked questions here:

To attend my graduation ceremony was the intend:

1. VO (asked Mom) : Why do you want to go to USA? What does your son do? What did he study and when was he graduated ?
              2. VO (asked father) : Why do you want to go to USA? Who is sponsoring the trip? What is your salary ? Is there any documents that your son sent you? (My father showed my college ID, EAD Card, and Invitation letter along with two other letters from University that states that I am eligible for the commencement and another letter on that I have maintain the rules and graduated by fulfilling all the requirements.)

Thank you all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X