Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1/B2 VISA :APPLY NOW FOR TOURISM TRIP WITH FLY or APPLY WITH STEP 1 RESULTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 VISA :APPLY NOW FOR TOURISM TRIP WITH FLY or APPLY WITH STEP 1 RESULTS?

Hi!
    I want ur opinion on the foll:
    -So my brother has got a cruise trip to usa by a company in his business & will be applying for b1/b2!
    -Im a doctor (IMG) from India, currently preparing for U.S.medical licensing exams(USMLE).
    -Planning to take step1 of usmle in July/Aug.
    -Now my concern is

Scenario 1: Apply fr tour with family!!

1)Should i try my luck & apply for tourist visa?
    2)If yes, should i tell v/o or hide that im planning to write usmle exams & intend to do residency in usa in future?
    3)will they know i have applied fr step1 with ecfmg?

V plan to apply as a family( bro, mom & me) .....Im worried that since im single & unemployed,no exam scores of usmle in hand, ill be rejected!!!
    But if i do get d visa, i can immediately fly for step 2 CS exam after step1 & dont ve to wait for scores & then apply(3-4 weeks). The only tie to homeland i can prove right now is that my elder sister & my huge extended family live in india & that im 1 of the legal heirs of my (late)fathers property.

Or

Scenario 2:
    Should I let family apply now , write my step 1 july, get results in aug/sept, then apply for b1/b2 stating reason as : to take up step 2 clinical skills exam (which is available only in Usa)

Any suggestions will be appreciated!! thanks in advance

Extended family, sister, property, heritage do not work as ties.
    They do not ask about them.

Main ties they look at are spouse/kids, job and income.

Since you are young and single, and unemployed, you are right, you do not stand a chance for a pleasure purpose.

You stand a much better chance for step 2 cs.
    But you must plan properly for that too.

.so focus on your july step 1. If you get great scores, chances increase greatly.
    make a hotel booking close to cs centre , ask for a short stay of 1-2 weeks.
    It would be advisable if you can show some work rather than unemployed when you apply for cs.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      Extended family, sister, property, heritage do not work as ties.
      They do not ask about them.

Main ties they look at are spouse/kids, job and income.

Since you are young and single, and unemployed, you are right, you do not stand a chance for a pleasure purpose.

You stand a much better chance for step 2 cs.
      But you must plan properly for that too.

.so focus on your july step 1. If you get great scores, chances increase greatly.
      make a hotel booking close to cs centre , ask for a short stay of 1-2 weeks.
      It would be advisable if you can show some work rather than unemployed when you apply for cs.

Thanks peace999 ! I think like u said, Im gonna let them apply & focus on my step 1 for now!
      Ive few more doubts! please help!
      1) Ill be able to work only for about a month after step1 exam till i get my scores then apply fr visa. Does a new job carry any weightage when ill be applying for visa?

2)What i was trying to weigh is that-- if i apply with scores & get rejected, my entry to usa for step 2cs gets delayed for this years residency match! So i thought if i try now, since its a companies sponsored vacation trip i may try!! Do they look at a case induvidually, or as a family applying together??

3)What do u think are the chances for my brother? he is young/single/but well-employed & can show income,taxes. But we are muslims!

Comment

You are very likely to be denied going with your family for pleasure.

And if denied once, and applying few months later for CS won't have as good a chance.

My advice is to go for CS purpose only. As far as residency match is concerned , you should have planned your step 1 much earlier.

About your bro; what is this cruise from company that you mentioned? Is his company giving his employees a free cruise ? If yes,
        how come you and mother were planning to go too ?
        Also, his prior travel history out of INdia will matter.

Comment

Sounds Logical! will do the same! Apply after CS & atleast a months employment --i have a better chance then rather than now!!!
          Yeah, i did plan step 1 alot earlier, but preparation got delayed due to circumstances! Well, if not this yrs resi match, i guess i wil not rush, get good scores & be ready early for next yr! Than rush for visa & jeopardize all my chances!! Thanks alot! really appreciate ur advice! (will come bak to this forum for doubts when im applying).

We actually have a family retail-business...So if v reach a certain target, some of the companies give a pleasure trip! this time its some cruise in usa. Brother has travelled to turkey & europe in the last 3 yrs!! But its his 1st time to usa. The company who's sponsoring the trip is giving a letter, but v have 2 apply to consulate directly!

My mom & me will be considered family; accompanying brother for the trip! The company gives trip for family! V have 2 get visa, they sponsor the cruise n stay etc!! ( think v got 2 or 3 tickets this time, not sure!) My mom is a partner in the business, so she can also show ties-but shes a widow!

#Does being a widow decrease chances of b1/b2 visa?
          #what do u think are their chances?
          #Any other tips/ suggestions to improve my chances of getting visa which shud be planned early will help!

Comment

I think your brother may have a good chance due to his travel history and if he can show strong income and stability of the business.
            Widows do have problems especially if all their children are abroad or in US.
            If the business she shows has a good balance sheet and she can show good income , she could succeed, but all depends on the officer.
            Doe she have a travel history and does she file tax returns?

Comment

I think your brother may have a good chance due to his travel history and if he can show strong income and stability of the business.
              If the business she shows has a good balance sheet and she can show good income , she could succeed, but all depends on the officer.
              She does file returns,can show income... travel history:yes!!quite a few times abroad...but not in the past 5 yrs!!

Thanks alot for all the help ! tho im not applying with them hope i get it when i apply later on! Hope they get it this time..Will update here... thanx again!

Comment

Dear Peace999 & others, plz help!

I am wondering what are my chances to apply for b1/b2 visa for cs exam purpose without step 1 score in hand?????!!

The website ustraveldocs recommends applying fr NIV 3 months in advance of intended travel date.. my step 1 s on march end,results april end....But i intend to go to usa immediately after step 1 for cs exam..So was thinking of trying fr visa now....i think im takin a chance n tryin my luck here...worth it??any inputs?

Comment

do not do it. You will get denied for sure. What is the reason for rushing it?

apply right after you get your scores. one can get an appointment in 1-2 wks and visa, if approved, in a couple of days.

Comment

Oh n btw my bro gt a 10yr M/E visa... it was initially on admin processing fr abt 5 mths, then gt approved!!! Thanks for all the help & advice peace999! this forum was really helpful
                    Last edited by arias; 01-05-2014, 02:40 AM.

Comment

do not do it. You will get denied for sure. What is the reason for rushing it?

apply right after you get your scores. one can get an appointment in 1-2 wks and visa, if approved, in a couple of days.
                      1.Scores take a month to come & i wanted to save that time! Im running short of time for this years application season...Usmle exam prep is long & im taking much longer than i expected
                      -If i get visa I can leave immediately after step 1 fr d next exam.
                      -Ill only have step 1 score in april & I see ppl with step 1 & ck scores being denied for cs & some who applied directly for cs as first exam get visa!!

2.The ustraveldocs.com encourages applying 3 months in advance of travel date!

3. Usmle exams can be taken in any sequence.

4. IF they put my visa on admin processing now, atleast after 5-6 months ill get it

So its either apply now in jan or in april end!! Im so confused whether I should take a chance...

If i get rejected now, How badly does it affect my future application?
                      Last edited by arias; 01-05-2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arias View Post
                        1.Scores take a month to come & i wanted to save that time! Im running short of time for this years application season...Usmle exam prep is long & im taking much longer than i expected
                        -If i get visa I can leave immediately after step 1 fr d next exam.
                        -Ill only have step 1 score in april & I see ppl with step 1 & ck scores being denied for cs & some who applied directly for cs as first exam get visa!!

2.The ustraveldocs.com encourages applying 3 months in advance of travel date!

3. Usmle exams can be taken in any sequence.

4. IF they put my visa on admin processing now, atleast after 5-6 months ill get it

So its either apply now in jan or in april end!! Im so confused whether I should take a chance...

If i get rejected now, How badly does it affect my future application?

hey arias..did u get approved of b1 visa without step 1 scores..I am giving my exams next month..but planning to apply this month and leave to us once i am done with step 1..kindly share ur experience

Comment

Originally posted by LOK View Post
                          hey arias..did u get approved of b1 visa without step 1 scores..I am giving my exams next month..but planning to apply this month and leave to us once i am done with step 1..kindly share ur experience

Hey LOK,
                          I did get my b1/b2 visa approved without any scores! I took a HUUUGGE risk, coz almost every1 told me not to apply without scores! I had also read all the info on forums etc & I had NOT come accross many who applied without scores! Applying with atleast 1 score is the norm!..But I did see ppl who got rejected even with step 1 & 2ck scores..
                          I went mentally prepared to accept any outcome, even rejection! But by God's grace, I got approved!
                          It depends on induvidual circumstance, luck & what the consular officer decides! I prepared well, was honest in everything, got my documents in order...

The consular officer did not ask me too many questions...it was just the basic! The only document he asked me was my registration for step 2 cs...Once he saw the ecfmg visa letter, he approved!

Good luck & All the best!
                          Last edited by arias; 05-09-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arias View Post
                            Hey LOK,
                            I did get my b1/b2 visa approved without any scores! I took a HUUUGGE risk, coz almost every1 told me not to apply without scores! I had also read all the info on forums etc & I had NOT come accross many who applied without scores! Applying with atleast 1 score is the norm!..But I did see ppl who got rejected even with step 1 & 2ck scores..
                            I went mentally prepared to accept any outcome, even rejection! But by God's grace, I got approved!
                            It depends on induvidual circumstance, luck & what the consular officer decides! I prepared well, was honest in everything, got my documents in order...

The consular officer did not ask me too many questions...it was just the basic! The only document he asked me was my registration for step 2 cs...Once he saw the ecfmg visa letter, he approved!

Good luck & All the best!
                            I'm in similar situation. My step1 next month and next day I have visa appointment. I will have have no scores with me but I'm employed. Dont know what will happen?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X