About b2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About b2 visa

I have completed DS-160 FORM for B2 visa and my appointment is fix on 16 April but now I realize that I did a mistake about not saying that immigrant visa is pending.
    What should i do ?
    Could i confess to consular officer?
    Anybody's advice.I am in very difficult situation.

Thanks & Regards
    Vidhi
    Delhi

About b2 visa

That will result in instant denial of b2 visa.

Comment

You can change the DS160 if your fingerprinting is not done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by VSRAJPAL View Post
        I have completed DS-160 FORM for B2 visa and my appointment is fix on 16 April but now I realize that I did a mistake about not saying that immigrant visa is pending.
        What should i do ?
        Could i confess to consular officer?
        Anybody's advice.I am in very difficult situation.

Thanks & Regards
        Vidhi
        Delhi
        Whether you confess it or not, the US Embassy will see in the system that you are a beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition. This will trigger automatic denial for your B2 visa application because you already demonstrated that you have immigrant intent.

Comment

Originally posted by elizabeth View Post
          Whether you confess it or not, the US Embassy will see in the system that you are a beneficiary of an immigrant visa petition. This will trigger automatic denial for your B2 visa application because you already demonstrated that you have immigrant intent.
          That means,if somebody has filed a immigrant visa petition ,he has no right to get B2 visa

Comment

Originally posted by VSRAJPAL View Post
            That means,if somebody has filed a immigrant visa petition ,he has no right to get B2 visa
            In theory , yes. An immigrant intent is in direct conflict with a B1/B2 , student, J-1 and some other non-immgrant visas.

That said, one can get a B1/B2 with a pending imm petition in certain situations when the officer is sure that the current visit is purely temporary.

For example, if your immigrant visa number is several years into the future and your purpose is important ( urgent business visit,
            medical reasons, strong ties to home country) one can get a B1/B2.

On the other hand , for example, if your immigrant petition is by your US citizen spouse or child, for which there is no wait , and you
            apply for a B2 to visit them , you will surely be denied.

What is your scenario?
            Last edited by peace999; 04-20-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X