Visitor visa supporting doc query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa supporting doc query

My father has lost his passport with valid visitor visa and now I am reapplying visitor visa to my father.
    My mother has a visitor visa.
    In the "invitation letter" and "letter to the consulate" should i address only my father's name or both the mother and father's name?
    Did anyone has the same situation, could you please share your interview experience and what were the questions for lost visa?

Originally posted by chkd2012 View Post
    My father has lost his passport with valid visitor visa and now I am reapplying visitor visa to my father.
    In the "invitation letter" and "letter to the consulate" should i address only my father's name or both the mother and father's name?
    Did anyone has the same situation, could you please share your interview experience and what were the questions for lost visa?

Comment

I do not have an experience with a " lost visa" interview but I can say that of an invite and a consulate letter , one is enough.
      And even that
      likely won't be looked at. You can just put your dad's reference in, it.

If he has a copy of the lost visa , that will help . The interview will also focus on the authenticity of
      circumstanes surrounding the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
        I do not have an experience with a " lost visa" interview but I can say that of an invite and a consulate letter , one is enough.
        And even that
        likely won't be looked at. You can just put your dad's reference in, it.

If he has a copy of the lost visa , that will help . The interview will also focus on the authenticity of
        circumstanes surrounding the loss.
        Thanks for your reply.
        My father has soft copy of lost visa.
        While filling the DS-160 form for the question "Have you been ten-printed?" my father dont remember from his earlier interview whether he has given all his fingers for screening. Is it okay if I can say no for this question?
        Thanks in Advance

Comment

they started ten printing after aug 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
            they started ten printing after aug 2004.
            Okay thanks, I will write yes to this question since my father attended the visa interview in 2012 feb.

Comment

I received my new passport, but of course, there is no visa inside. My consulate told me I have to take action by myself and contact the USCIS. The problem is that neither the website nor the phone number gave me info as what I should do and I didn't succeed in making an appointment.
              If only I knew where to go, I could wait on line until somebody could tell me what is needed and how to proceed to make a duplicata of my visa or to make a new one. But I don't even know where the office is. I really need help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X