Water droplet on B1/B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water droplet on B1/B2 visa

I would like to ask about what's going to happen to my B1/B2 visa that has a (1-mm diameter) water droplet on the photo. It is not very noticeable. The droplet has slightly discolored the outer 1/4 of my lips on the photo. Everything else is fine. It must have happened back when I had received my passport a few weeks ago. It was raining and I opened my passport outside of the DHL office. I did not expect the visa page to be just paper and not laminated with plastic. And a while ago when I looked at the US visa on my passport again I just realized there was a water spot.

Please advice me if you have had the same experience or know about this situation. From my initial internet research I think I have to reapply all over again because my visa is water damaged. That would totally break my heart because this was such a small and honest mistake.

Thanks.

The only way to know it will work is by actually travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      The only way to know it will work is by actually travelling.
      What happens when I am already at the airport to fly to the US and they deem my visa water damaged?

Comment

You will have to take that chance since it is likely unnoticeable.

Only other way is to apply again.

Or you can talk to a US immigration attorney in India and see if he can tell you if it is ok or not.
        Last edited by peace999; 04-19-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          You will have to take that chance since it is likely unnoticeable.

Only other way is to apply again.

Or you can talk to a US immigration attorney in India and see if he can tell you if it is ok or not.

Thanks for your reply. What will happen at the US port of entry if they think the visa is damaged? Will I be denied entry or will they just warn me and tell me to apply for a new one the next time I enter the US?

Comment

Originally posted by rosebud View Post
            I would like to ask about what's going to happen to my B1/B2 visa that has a (1-mm diameter) water droplet on the photo. It is not very noticeable. The droplet has slightly discolored the outer 1/4 of my lips on the photo. Everything else is fine. It must have happened back when I had received my passport a few weeks ago. It was raining and I opened my passport outside of the DHL office. I did not expect the visa page to be just paper and not laminated with plastic. And a while ago when I looked at the US visa on my passport again I just realized there was a water spot.

Please advice me if you have had the same experience or know about this situation. From my initial internet research I think I have to reapply all over again because my visa is water damaged. That would totally break my heart because this was such a small and honest mistake.

Thanks.
            Why dont you call or write to the Consulate and confirm? Better to confirm with them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by rosebud View Post
              Thanks for your reply. What will happen at the US port of entry if they think the visa is damaged? Will I be denied entry or will they just warn me and tell me to apply for a new one the next time I enter the US?
              If they even notice (they usually just read the machine readable part and match it with the picture on their screen), you may get deferred to secondary inspection where they will match your fingerprints against the prints you provided at the consulate. I'm pretty sure they won't deny entry for this. For all they know, it could have happened in the airplane on your way to the US...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X