Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can a non working wife sponsor her parents on visitors(b2) visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a non working wife sponsor her parents on visitors(b2) visa?

Hi,
    I am wondering if my wife can send I-134 paper instead of me to invite her parents? they are buying tickets themselves as their company is giving that money as part of vacation. My wife is not working but can show money in the bank account like $25000.
    thanks,
    MG

Originally posted by benice View Post
    Hi,
    I am wondering if my wife can send I-134 paper instead of me to invite her parents? they are buying tickets themselves as their company is giving that money as part of vacation. My wife is not working but can show money in the bank account like $25000.
    thanks,
    MG
    They rarely look at I-134, in fact if your wife needs to sponsor her parents that itself is the first negative (no financial ties to home country). They will look at the parents work profile, regular income, family situation etc.

They dont worry much about bank balance as anyone can borrow money and show a good bank balance.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      They rarely look at I-134, in fact if your wife needs to sponsor her parents that itself is the first negative (no financial ties to home country). They will look at the parents work profile, regular income, family situation etc.

They dont worry much about bank balance as anyone can borrow money and show a good bank balance.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you for the reply, but how is it a negative point? Can you explain? We are here in USA. I am working but I don't like to give my financial information. Her parents want to visit US for couple of months. He is still working there and own a house. His company requires him back to his job by a certain time and is giving him a letter for the same.
      Last edited by benice; 04-19-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

If his company in India is paying for the trip, there is no need to send an I-134. I-134 is an affidavit of support from a US host if the applicants
        do not have funds for the trip.

They will have to present a letter of funding from the company at the interview.

All your wife has to do is send a letter addressed to consulate, ( send it to parents) explaining the invitation, yours and her work/visa status in US.
        ANd that their company is paying for the fare and you will be providing lodging.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          If his company in India is paying for the trip, there is no need to send an I-134. I-134 is an affidavit of support from a US host if the applicants
          do not have funds for the trip.

They will have to present a letter of funding from the company at the interview.

All your wife has to do is send a letter addressed to consulate, ( send it to parents) explaining the invitation, yours and her work/visa status in US.
          ANd that their company is paying for the fare and you will be providing lodging.
          Thank you for the reply!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X