Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for house warming function

Hello all,

I am on F1 visa. My husband on H1B. ( I used to be on H4 but changed to F1 in aug 2004). We recently bought a house and I would like my mother and sister to visit us in december. My father and mother visited USA in 1998 for a month. Both are doctors and I feel they got the tourist visa then because me and my sister stayed back in india. Now, my father is no more. My sister is doing her final year medical school (she has to do her internship to get the degree).

I would really appreciate if you can guide me, how to present the case to the visa counsellor. They dont have any intentions of staying back in reality, but since my dad is not there, their chances to get the visa seem to be slim. They want to come to usa just for the house warming function. Here are my questions

1. should my mom and sis mention the house warming function?
    2. what kind of documents would be good to show their ties to home country
    3. Should i sponsor their visit or my husband,as both of us are on different visas?

I would really appreciate if you can help me with some advise.

Thank you
    Valli

1. They can.
    2. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    3. Either one can.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Both of them applying together , the chances will be even slimmer;
      then there are no family ties left in India to prove.

Your mother may have better chances applying alone, since
      she has been to US before and a kid back home works as a tie.
      If she is working, the chances are even better; she can show her job/practice papers , IT returns, and bank balances, deposits, property papers etc which all will work as ties to India.

If she has a good financial base in India, she can show self-sponsoring
      the trip ; there is no need to sponsor , you can simply send an invitation
      letter.

Comment

Regarding application of B2 visa from UK

I am an Indian citizen working as Business Analyst with a reputed Software MNC. I am travelling to London on work permit for 6-8 months, by October end 2010. However, i wish to visit US on B2 visa in December just for one week to attend one of my close friend's housewarming party and to tour US with my friends staying there. My friend has sent me an invitation for the party, and is ready to sponsor me, if required.
        Please suggest, will it be possible for me to apply for visa from London. I have no intentions to stay in US for more than a week. How much funds do i need to show in case i go for self- sponsorship. Please advise.

Comment

Yes, it is possible, since you are working there. If you were a student there instead, it would be different situation.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X