Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Widow Mother's Visa Rejections

Hi,
    My dad expired on 2011. I tried two times for my mom's visitor visa after he passed away. First time I applied on nov 2011 on my husbands H1. Second time I applied on dec 2011 again on my husbands H1. Both the time VO just asked same questions.

1) Why you are going to USA.
    A To visit my daughter,son-in-low and granddaughter and visit few places in USA

2) for how long you will stay there
    A 4 weeks

3) who all are there in your family?
    A I have 3 daughters. elder one is in USA. second one is married in india. Youngest one is unmarried and staying with me. and I have 80 years old father in low who is staying with us.

That is it and VO gave passport back and said you are not able to convince that you will come back so we are not giving visa.

I am planning to apply third time after a year and 4 months gap. This time I am also on h1 and planning to sponsor her on my h1. And also I am planning to apply group visa for my mom along with my sister and her husband. My sister and her husband are doing job in IT and they both have good salary.

My mom had good property and she is also getting good pension from my dad. She also has good amount of FD on her name. Last two time we dint put anything on ds 160 form. But this time I am showing her pension and FD interest as her income and her name in employer information.

Please advice me if I can do anything from my side that my mom gets visa. I want her to come here and see USA life.

Well, the thing is widows + housewives, with children in US have difficulty getting a visitor visa.

your or your husband's funding does not make any difference. In fact it goes against the application ( inability to fund the trip oneself)

All one can do is try repeatedly. If your sis and bro-in-law have very good income ( 1L /mo) , they can show self funding
    and funding for your mother . Then you won't have to send support papers and it could increase the chances .

Comment

Thanks peace999

Thanks peace999 for your help. My sister and her husband are earning 60-70k per month together. And they dont have enough saving on their name. We are thinking to sponsor my mom on my h1b and self funding for my sister and her husband.

My mom is getting 40k per month from the pension and interest from FD. And she has good amount of FD.

sponsoring my mom will not be good idea?

Please also let me know that do i need to send any letter to VO that I will make sure that my mom will return to india after short visit etc etc. ?

Originally posted by BTrivedi View Post
      Hi,
      My dad expired on 2011. I tried two times for my mom's visitor visa after he passed away. First time I applied on nov 2011 on my husbands H1. Second time I applied on dec 2011 again on my husbands H1. Both the time VO just asked same questions.

A 4 weeks

A I have 3 daughters. elder one is in USA. second one is married in india. Youngest one is unmarried and staying with me. and I have 80 years old father in low who is staying with us.

That is it and VO gave passport back and said you are not able to convince that you will come back so we are not giving visa.

I am planning to apply third time after a year and 4 months gap. This time I am also on h1 and planning to sponsor her on my h1. And also I am planning to apply group visa for my mom along with my sister and her husband. My sister and her husband are doing job in IT and they both have good salary.

My mom had good property and she is also getting good pension from my dad. She also has good amount of FD on her name. Last two time we dint put anything on ds 160 form. But this time I am showing her pension and FD interest as her income and her name in employer information.

Please advice me if I can do anything from my side that my mom gets visa. I want her to come here and see USA life.

Comment

Again , 60-70 k for them, 40k for her may not be enough to self fund
        If you are sending affidavit of support send for all of them.

VO letter is just a formality . These days they do not look at any documents. Send the VO letter to your mother , not to the embassy.

IN this case, it is all luck. If you get a lenient officer, they may get it.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks again. I will sponsor all of them together. I have enough saving if they ask my supporting document. Again thanks for your suggestions. Please let me know if anything else I could do to increase chance of my mom's Visa to get approved. And about luck, its always playing hide and seek with us.

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          Again , 60-70 k for them, 40k for her may not be enough to self fund
          If you are sending affidavit of support send for all of them.

VO letter is just a formality . These days they do not look at any documents. Send the VO letter to your mother , not to the embassy.

IN this case, it is all luck. If you get a lenient officer, they may get it.

Comment

Need Help

Hi,
            Is anybody have idea that if my mother,sister and her husband are going for group visa and I sponsor my mother and my sister and her husband shows as self funding. Is that a good idea ?

Because I am just thinking that to show that I am sponsoring my sister and her husband, sounds little weired as they both are earning good. They have 67000k monthly fixed income jointly and they do freelancing projects giving extra 20 - 30k monthly income extra but that income varies.

Please advice me what is the best way to sponsor ?

My mother also have 50000k monthly income which comes from pension and interest from savings. and my third sister who is unmarried and we are looking match for her, she is earning 40000k per month. so total family income is 90000k per month for my mother.

So selfunding is good option for all of them?

or should I only sponsor my mother and to show my sister and her husband as self funding ?

Hi,

A 4 weeks

Comment

My mom's visa got approved

Thanks ImmiHelp. My mom got visa approval today along with my sister and her husband. They three took family appointment with the help of call center. I sponsored all of them. They dint check any documents, just asked few questions as below

To my brother-in-law

1) why you are going to USA?
              2) what you do?
              3)who is in your family?
              4)who is sponsoring you ?
              5) what is your salary?

To my sister

1)what your sister does in USA?
              2)who else is in her family?

To my mother
              1) what your husband does

My mom got visa rejections twice so we had almost lost the hope but this time luck worked and probably having my sister and brother-in-law appearing along with my mom made the difference. So never loose the hope, good thing happens to good people. It may take lil longer sometimes

Comment

Hi, Can you tel me how many years visa did your mom get?

Thanks ImmiHelp. My mom got visa approval today along with my sister and her husband. They three took family appointment with the help of call center. I sponsored all of them. They dint check any documents, just asked few questions as below

To my brother-in-law

1) why you are going to USA?
                2) what you do?
                3)who is in your family?
                4)who is sponsoring you ?
                5) what is your salary?

To my sister

1)what your sister does in USA?
                2)who else is in her family?

To my mother
                1) what your husband does

My mom got visa rejections twice so we had almost lost the hope but this time luck worked and probably having my sister and brother-in-law appearing along with my mom made the difference. So never loose the hope, good thing happens to good people. It may take lil longer sometimes

Comment

Moms Visa

They all got 10 years of visa.

Originally posted by Jaya Saxena View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X