Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa stamping - Additional Processing - No Case Number/tracking number

Hi,

My parents and sister went for Visitor Visa Interview in New Delhi Consulate. After the interview the VO asked them to go to window# 9. The officer on window# 9 told them that their case needs additional processing that can take from 2 to 3 weeks. The officer on window# 9 kept the passports but did NOT give any reference number/white sheet/pink sheet etc.

When my father asked that if they will need the passport back, the officer said that my parents can drop an email atleast seven days before they need passport. But the officer did NOT give any email address/how-to-contact information.

Please let me know if this has happened with others and how to follow-up/contact US consulate in this case. I am aware of the additional processing/221g cases but they generally have case ID assigned to them for tracking, in this case we do not have any reference number or contact.

Originally posted by w_bhai View Post
    Hi,

My parents and sister went for Visitor Visa Interview in New Delhi Consulate. After the interview the VO asked them to go to window# 9. The officer on window# 9 told them that their case needs additional processing that can take from 2 to 3 weeks. The officer on window# 9 kept the passports but did NOT give any reference number/white sheet/pink sheet etc.

When my father asked that if they will need the passport back, the officer said that my parents can drop an email atleast seven days before they need passport. But the officer did NOT give any email address/how-to-contact information.

Please let me know if this has happened with others and how to follow-up/contact US consulate in this case. I am aware of the additional processing/221g cases but they generally have case ID assigned to them for tracking, in this case we do not have any reference number or contact.

It is strange that they did not assign any case number. You can call the the helpline numbers as mentioned on the new delhi us embassy website:

My parents also went for visa interview in mid March 2013 and got 221g white slip. It has been 7 weeks but the status still shows 'administrative processing'

Good luck for your case !

Comment

Yes, It is strange that they did not assign any case number.

I want to know if someone else had similar experience that the case has been put on hold for additional/administrative processing but no case number/tracking number has been provided.

Comment

Resolved - B2 visa stamping - Additional Processing - No Case Number/tracking number

Hi,

I figured it out. The status can be checked through the following link. The Application ID or case number is the CEAC confirmation number. Hope this information will be helpful.

Comment

B1 Visa - Administrative Processing - Passport and Visa wrong status

I went for B1 Visa in Delhi. Officer asked me to go to window 9 as it would required administrative processing. Officer at windows 9 told me that I would receive update withing 3 days and he did not give me any slip or any kind of acknowledge. It has been two weeks no updated.

I have been tracking my password by sending email to [email protected]. I have been getting strange responses.

Earlier few days I got response as "Your passport is still with post.".

suddenly it changed to "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

I retried in evening, I had been getting strange responses at times it says "The current status of your passport is Out For Delivery." after few minutes it says "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

Today it changed to "The current status of your passport is Picked Up." I don't know who picked it up and from where.

I checked my Visa status , from last 2 weeks it is under "Administrative Processing"

Don't know whats going on...

Comment

Hi Naresh

Hi Naresh

Did you get your visa stamped???. Almost similar things happened to me as my wife's status changed to "Ready for pickup" & mine shows "No status update avaibale for the pp number submitted". I am unable to understand whats does this means

Comment

Same situation

Hi,

I am in the same boat it's been 2 weeks no update no 221 g ...keep getting a standard reply from ustraveldocs saying most administrative processing cases are resolved in 60 days. Please keep me updated on what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by USER553 View Post
                Hi Naresh

Did you get your visa stamped???. Almost similar things happened to me as my wife's status changed to "Ready for pickup" & mine shows "No status update avaibale for the pp number submitted". I am unable to understand whats does this means
                Hello User553,

I have not got any status update on Administrative Processing or Visa.

Comment

Originally posted by NareshV View Post
                  Hello User553,

I have not got any status update on Administrative Processing or Visa.
                  Any update guys it's been 1 month and still I don't have any updates still the dreaded Administrative Processing ...no case number no 221 g ...I m so tired of waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepsun View Post
                    Any update guys it's been 1 month and still I don't have any updates still the dreaded Administrative Processing ...no case number no 221 g ...I m so tired of waiting.

No update Yet

Comment

Hi,

Hey

Any update on your dads case ...

Best Regards

Sundeep

Comment

Originally posted by Deepsun View Post
                        Hey

Any update on your dads case ...

Best Regards

Sundeep
                        Hello people any updates yet.

Thanks