Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent's visitor's visa

Hi,

I am a green card holder and applied for my parents' visitors visa at the Hyderabad consulate. They had an interview on 6th May 2013 and my mom was mostly asked 3-4 questions and was told that her visa is approved. My dad was asked 1 qsn- what he did and he said "I am an engineer and have my own business". Immediately, the visa officer told him that he will get an email and he needs to respond to it. They didn't give any color slips and kept both their passports.

The email asked some basic questions including some irrelevant ones and also asked for his CV. Now the situation is:

1. My mom's visa is approved but her online status is showing as Administrative processing - similar to my dad's. Does anyone know why that would be?
    2. My father prepared his CV as asked in the email and filled up the questionnaire. They are asking him to submit any other documents if he wants to. Does anyone know what else to submit? I am not sure if I should submit the documents related to me(the sponsor) or my dad's documents - all of which they had carried for the interview but no one had checked them.

Anyone with a previous similar experience? Do we have an estimate as to how long this can take? And I am very concerned about my mom's visa approval and subsequent change to AP.

All replies welcome! Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Hsharmeen; 05-07-2013, 04:44 PM.

I don't think his questionnaire or administrative processing is due to your education or profession.

You have not mentioned what he used to do earlier.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      I don't think his questionnaire or administrative processing is due to your education or profession.

You have not mentioned what he used to do earlier.
      Where did I mention about my education? I said my dad was asked about his education.

1. Mom got the visa in 2-3 days.
      2. Dad used to work for Toyota in the 70s but started his own business and is managing since 25 years nearly. We sent the email with the questionnaire answered and the CV as requested but are yet to hear back. Not sure why/how long this will take.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X