Visa for daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for daughter

My older daughter went to US for her MS three years ago and is now working on H1b visa. When she was graduating last year, my husband and myself applied for a B2 visa and the same was granted. However, at that time my younger daughter was in her final year and her exams were scheduled at the same time as the elder daughter's graduation. Hence we thought it wiser not to apply for her visa along with us, fearing a reject for her or all of us. Her final degree exams were starting around the same time . Since the visa officers interviews each person individually even though we appear together for the interview, she would not have had a good enough reason for applying for the visa. Now she is working. We have visited US for the graduation. Now on our next visit, we would like to take the younger daughter too. So what r the chances of getting a visa. She is 23 yrs old, and we have no problems in sponsoring her.

Actually, age 23 is considered an independent adult, so it would not be appropriate for you to " take her with you' and " fund her trip".

That will send a message to the officer more like you are taking her to US to match her with a future husband. And will be denied.

It would be more appropriate for her to apply on her own.
    Because young and single people are at high risk of being denied it would help if;

*she has worked in her current job for min. 2 yrs and the job is well paying and ongoing.
    *It would also help if she travels to a couple of other countries like singapore/dubai before applying for US visa.
    * she earns enough to fund her own trip.

Comment

Thanks peace999

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X