Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visitor visa for My spouse

Hello ,
    I have a company sponsored B1 visa (got visa approved recently) and I am officially visiting US in this visa.
    I am planning to take my wife along with me. I would like to apply for her B1 Visa.I am willing to pay for her expenses
    My expenses will be taken care by my company. I would like to know

1) Can I apply B2 as sponsored by me? Please advise
    2) When I applied for Visa, I mentioned that no-one is travelling with me?. I thought my approval, I can apply. Will this be a issue?
    3) Applying for her, can it be a risk of revoking my Visa?

Please advise

if you got your B1/B2 just recently and have not used it , yes, it could be a risk. All depends on the officer.

There are two ways to go about it;

1. You leave now , she applies 1-2 weeks after you leave to join you for sight seeing. A lot of people do that.
    She shows your income documents, your visa copy and your US entry stamp page. ALso, plan to return together .

2. You make this trip alone. She applies when you need to go again in a few months.

Comment

B1 Visitor visa for My spouse

Thanks for quick response..
      Actually..I had already applied last year, got approved for 1 year and also visited US.
      this time I actually got extended and I am going again.

1) How does it help?..Is it still the same scenario?

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      if you got your B1/B2 just recently and have not used it , yes, it could be a risk. All depends on the officer.

There are two ways to go about it;

1. You leave now , she applies 1-2 weeks after you leave to join you for sight seeing. A lot of people do that.
      She the hows your income documents, your visa copy and your US entry stamp page. ALso, plan to return together .

2. You make this trip alone. She applies when you need to go again in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by pacdev12 View Post
        Thanks for quick response..
        Actually..I had already applied last year, got approved for 1 year and also visited US.
        this time I actually got extended and I am going again.

1) How does it help?..Is it still the same scenario?
        You mean you applied again this year and you got the visa. What is the validity? is it one year again or is it 10 yrs?

Comment

Its is for 10 years...Does 1 year or 10 years matter?
          Whats the scenario now?

Comment

Originally posted by pacdev12 View Post
            Its is for 10 years...Does 1 year or 10 years matter?
            Whats the scenario now?
            You do not explain everything in one go.

Did you get this one recently? If it has been a few months , your wife can apply saying she now wants to accompany you.
            But it is very recent , the risk is the same.

I suggest you go by one of the 2 options I mentioned in my first post.

Comment

Visitor Visa for Spouse

Sorry for not being clear in the previous mail..

1) I got my visa last year (validity for one year only) through my company in India and I visited US in September time frame
              2) My company wanted me to visit again. So I had applied for visa extension in Jun and got approved 2nd time for 10 years
              3) Now I will be visiting US in 2-3 weeks time frame.
              4) This time I want to take my spouse.
              Apart from this, I have stayed in the US (on F1 and H1B) before returning to India.
              I came back to India in 2010 to take employment here and also got married

My wife will be applying visa for first time

Can you please advice me?

Comment

Can you post what date did you get the visa this year and what date exactly do you wish to travel?

Comment

Visa Issue date 18-Jun
                  travel date:10-July

Comment

I think it is kind of close.
                    Anyway, she may not even get an appointment so soon.

If you cannot delay your travel date, take her next time you travel. That is the safest.

Comment

Do you recommend a minimum time frame when she can apply?
                      I may be able to postpone the travel ?

Comment

Give it enough time, so it appears natural that she made up her mind after you got the visa.
                        Also, if she is working, she had enough time to plan a leave.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response...It was very useful..As you mentioned getting appointment is an issue?
                          What about my wife attending the B1 visa interview after 7th of July (2nd week)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X