question about B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about B2 visa

hey guys I will be applying with my family for B2 visa for the purpose of tourism and visiting some friends in the states,
    we will appear at the Interview appointment as a whole family (father, mother, 2 siblings and me)
    my father and mother are working in governmental works, my 2 siblings are still in the school, and I just graduated from university
    now my father and mother have very strong financial and social ties, but since I am a new graduate I dont have any ties
    so I'm afraid that the counselor may give the visa for my parents and deny my visa?? or what is the case when family applies? will they either give the whole family the visa or deny it for the whole family? I dont know the answer for this Q, plz guide me...
    by the way I have been to the US 2 times before but my visa is expired now
    so what are the chances?

It happens all the time that some members of the family are granted and others denied at the same interview.
    Due to your young, single status and just out of college, you may find it difficult.

Still,

Can you tell me;
    *What is your nationality?
    *What visa did you have before? which yr was it issued and when did it expire?
    Did you ever overstay? were you ever denied a visa?

*Does your family have any relatives in US? If yes, on what visas? Anyone sending any invitation?

*Or is your family just going for tourism? If tourism , is it thru a package or hotel booking on your own?

*Does your family also have expired visas?

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      It happens all the time that some members of the family are granted and others denied at the same interview.
      Due to your young, single status and just out of college, you may find it difficult.

Still,

Can you tell me;
      *What is your nationality?
      *What visa did you have before? which yr was it issued and when did it expire?
      Did you ever overstay? were you ever denied a visa?

*Does your family have any relatives in US? If yes, on what visas? Anyone sending any invitation?

*Or is your family just going for tourism? If tourism , is it thru a package or hotel booking on your own?

*Does your family also have expired visas?

hey
      thanks a lot for the reply
      I'm jordanian, I had 2 j1 visas previously the last one was last year, each one lasted for about 2 months, never overstayed, never denied a visa
      no relatives in US,, but we have some friends there, they will send us an invitation
      My parents were in the US before 20 years on a student visa

Comment

Your clean US visit history can help but you having no current student/job ties
        can hurt. Also, all of you going leaving no family ties behind can also go against you.
        It would help if you can take with you some proof of a job offer in Jordan.

In the end, it all depends on the officer.

Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X