Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i co-sponser?

Hi all

I need suggestions.....my parents recently got their visitor visa for Canada through my elder brother who's citizen of canada working in USA. Now parents are applying for visitor visa to USA and since my second elder brother is working in US so, he's sponsoring them and me and my husband are just sending an invitation letter to them. Also, i'm on H4 but visa status is soon going to be F1(student) and my husband is on H1 working for a good university. Now my questions are.......

1. is it good to show that all the 3 children are in US( working/living)? will that hamper their chances to prove that they would return back to India?

2. shud myself or my husband co-sponser my parents or just the invitation form us is fine? I've heard sponsering thru univ. workers stands a good chance.

3. Also can a person ask for interpreter, if we dint ask for one while booking appointment?

4. Also they have my invitation letter as a faxed document......does that make a difference?

since their interview is in few days so, any help would be appreciated....plz tell me wht shud be best in this case or otherwise too anything else that would be useful for my parents to get visa.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Trisha; 08-27-2005, 09:57 PM.

1. It does because children back home are considered good ties.But you cannot and should not hide it because lying on the form or to the consular is considered very serious.But since
    they already have a canada visa they should show a confirmed return
    ticket to and from canada stressing that their primary destination will
    be canada and they wish to visit their children in US only for a few
    weeks.

2. Do not co-sponsor. It does not look good. If they had good funds of their own there was no need for anyone to sponsor.

3. Do not know this one. You can ask the agency that schedules appointments.

4. Since your elder brother is sponsoring , he should be the one
    sending an invitation letter , there is no need for you to send one.

Other major factor influencing the outcome is if your parents have good ties
    to India like business/job/good income/property etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X