Greencard holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greencard holder

Can an American greencard holder invite a relative from his country???

Yes, why not?

Comment

Greencard holder

Thanks Peace999,what should he do??Please,My son wants to see his father&his father who is a greencard holder says he cannot invite him,until after 5yrs!!!Is he misinformed or wat???
      Please I need urgent reply,as his father's doing well in the US.
      Thank You.

Comment

You have to be more clear ;
        1. How did the son get separated from his father? I mean he is in US and his son is not?
        2. On what basis did the father get his green card?
        3.. What is your nationality and your son's nationality?
        4. Is the son's father and you not husband and wife?
        5. What is the son's age? What does he do?
        6. Have you ever been to US? Or has any of you ever applied for a US visa before?

Comment

Greencard holder

You have to be more clear ;
          1. How did the son get separated from his father? I mean he is in US and his son is not?
          2. On what basis did the father get his green card?
          3.. What is your nationality and your son's nationality?
          4. Is the son's father and you not husband and wife?
          5. What is the son's age? What does he do?
          6. Have you ever been to US? Or has any of you ever applied for a US visa before?
          1.He's father was married 2 an American citizen when I have birth to him unknown to me,but they're separated now,and the woman doesn't want a divorce.He's disturbing to bring his son for a visit,but can't because he has to live in US for at least 5yrs before he can invite us.
          2.He got his GC by marriage.
          3.We're both Nigerians.
          4.We're not married.
          5.My son's 2+yr old.
          6.We've never been to US& have never applied.
          Please what should he do???As he doesn't want to jeopardize his stay in the US.
          Thank You.

Comment

When husband gets a green card through marriage to a US citizen, it is given initially for 2 years. After 2 years, both husband and wife
            have to apply to remove the 2 yr condition and apply for the husband's permanent green card.

How much time has passed since his marriage?

And husband can apply for citizenship 3 years after getting green card thru marriage.

THere is no five year rule for inviting anyone.

And how can you prove that he is the father of your son?

Comment

Greencard holder

When husband gets a green card
              through marriage to a US citizen, it is given initially for 2 years. After 2 years, both husband and wife
              have to apply to remove the 2 yr condition and apply for the husband's permanent green card.

And husband can apply for citizenship 3 years after getting green card thru marriage.

Thank you so much Peace999!
              He was given a 10yrs green card on entry to the US,and he&the woman has been married for 4yrs now,2yrs after getting green card now.Can he still apply for the citizenship after 3yrs,despite being separated??
              All I want to know now is how should he go about inviting us,as the woman's not ready for divorce now,and they both live in different states in the US.
              As for my son's paternity,he's the father and a DNA can prove that.
              Thank you so much for your help,am anxiously waiting for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by edithnneka View Post
                When husband gets a green card
                through marriage to a US citizen, it is given initially for 2 years. After 2 years, both husband and wife

Thank you so much Peace999!
                He was given a 10yrs green card on entry to the US,and he&the woman has been married for 4yrs now,2yrs after getting green card now.Can he still apply for the citizenship after 3yrs,despite being separated??
                All I want to know now is how should he go about inviting us,as the woman's not ready for divorce now,and they both live in different states in the US.
                As for my son's paternity,he's the father and a DNA can prove that.
                Thank you so much for your help,am anxiously waiting for your reply.
                If they are separated, he cannot apply for citizenship after 3 years holding a green card. But he can apply for citizenship after 5 years holding a green card.

I think he can file for his son even now under the F2 category ( minor children of green card holders). ( currently it is 2 years waiting).

But he cannot sponsor you because you are not married to him.

I suggest you talk to a good immigration attorney in US for sponsorhip of children born out of marriage.
                If you want I can give you websites of prominent lawyers in US. They can answer your initial query for free.

Comment

Greencard holder

Thank you so so much!!!
                  Please I'll appreciate the website of the lawyers,thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by edithnneka View Post
                    Thank you so so much!!!
                    Please I'll appreciate the website of the lawyers,thank you so much.
                    Check your personal message (notification)

Comment

Green card holder

Thank you so much Peace999!!
                      Your link was very helpful,thanks.
                      All I want is for my son to have a good relationship with his father.
                      God bless you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X