Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for F1

Hi

I was approved for B1/B2 in 2008 (10yrs visa) and stayed for 6 months and applied to transfer to F1 which was denied due to finance issues.I applied to F1 before my B1 right before my stay period expired and then waited until the denial came and then left the country right away after the decision came in.

Now i am applying for F1 through mumbai consulate . I have recieved my I-20 and will be giving my interview soon. What are my chances of getting approved ?

Will they deny for trying to change my status while i was in US to F1 ?

Is my B1/B2 expired now ?

Usually they do not like people trying to change status in US.

But it has been 5 years and a good explanation and a good officer can work in your favour.

What is the expiry date on your B1/B2 visa?

Have you saved the F1 denial letter from 2008?

Comment

Yes i have the denial letter saved. And my Tourist visa expires in 2018.
      But i am not sure that since my f1 was denied does it mean that i overstayed on my b1/b2 ?
      I applied for f1 before my b1/b2 visit expired and waited for the decision. And left right away after i received my denial.

Thank you and i appreciate your help.

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      Usually they do not like people trying to change status in US.

But it has been 5 years and a good explanation and a good officer can work in your favour.

What is the expiry date on your B1/B2 visa?

Have you saved the F1 denial letter from 2008?

Comment

Ok. here is the reality;

1. If you go back on your existing B1/B2 , you will have to show them the denial letter and the proof of your timely departure (your arrival stamp in India). And they will let you in.
        2. There is a definite risk that your F-1 can be denied. Because of your previous status change , the officer may think you may not return.
        AND IF F1 is denied, they will surely cancel your existing B1/B2.

So, I suggest you make use of your existing B1/B2 in whatever you wish to do.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X