My mother's visa application was denied today... :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother's visa application was denied today... :/

Hey guys, I really need your help here because I cannot seem to understand why this happened.

I am a permanent resident, invited my mother to visit me for couple weeks. When she went for her visa interview, she had the invitation from me, my green card copy, my daughters US passport, my wife's green card, the letter from my dad's job showing his position and the letter from bank about the companies revenue and finally, the letter that showed that she had a house in her name there. My father was the one to pay for her trip and accommodations that's why she had these letters from his job.
    She was denied however. The consul said that "according to US laws, she does not have enough documents"... What other documents did he need? My mom said that he only asked about who paid for her trip.
    What did we miss? What documents was the consul referring to? What can we do now?

1. Which country do you originally belong to and where did your mother apply?
    2. Why was she traveling alone ? Why not your dad?

Can you also post the interview in Q and A form whatever she can recall.

The reason for denial is usually hidden in the interview.

The 'documents' reason given by the officer is just to give some reason
    to the applicant.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      1. Which country do you originally belong to and where did your mother apply?
      2. Why was she traveling alone ? Why not your dad?

Can you also post the interview in Q and A form whatever she can recall.

The reason for denial is usually hidden in the interview.

The 'documents' reason given by the officer is just to give some reason
      to the applicant.
      Thank you for your reply.

1. Uzbekistan is the country.
      2. My dad was staying with my little brother.

From her words, the interview was only several questions. The reason of her trip, how long she was going for and who was paying for her trip. She replied to those questions exactly like I stated in my invitation... That's really what I thought about the "reason' of the denial, since there are no actual document requirements for the visitor's visa application besides the invitation and passport...

Comment

Can't say what the reason was.
        Maybe your dad's income was not good enough by uzbek standards.

In india , mothers and mother- in-laws going alone , they suspect daughter's / daught- in- law's pregnancy for which they
        do not give visas. Maybe that could be the reason in your case as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X