Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa for my parents and younger sister

Hello guys,

I am a software developer working in California on H1-B visa for past 3 years.
    I wanted to invite my parents and my sister and hence, am planning on applying for their B2 visa.

I have a few queries -

i) Instead of me sponsoring my parent's visit - can they sponsor it themselves ? My parents have sufficient FDs in their name ?
    ii) If they do sponsor their own visit does it increase the chance of approval ?
    iii) Is it likely that they shall get a 6 month visa - since, they are sponsoring their own visit and I am not inviting them ?
    iv) Instead of having a set date in mind - can they say they plan on visiting sometime next year ?
    v) My parents are educated but are apprehensive about taking English as their interview language ? Would it matter if they choose the mother tongue instead ?

I would really appreciate the response and thoughts :-)

Regards,

i) Instead of me sponsoring my parent's visit - can they sponsor it themselves ? My parents have sufficient FDs in their name ?

THEY CAN . BUT IF THEY ARE WORKING, THEY WILL NEED TO HAVE STRONG INCOME . THEY ALWAYS ASK ABOUT INCOME FROM
    WORKING PEOPLE. FDS ,SAVINGS ARE RARELY GIVEN WEIGHT EXCEPT PROBABLY WITH RETIRED PARENTS.
    ii) If they do sponsor their own visit does it increase the chance of approval ?
    IT DOES. BUT IT IS BETTER FOR YOU TO SPONSOR THAN THEM DECLARING SELF FUNDING ON MEDIOCRE INCOME AND FINANCES.
    USUALLY 1L/MO FAMILY INCOME IS CONSIDERED SAFE FOR SELF FUNDING BUT OFFICER PERCEPTIONS VARY.
    iii) Is it likely that they shall get a 6 month visa - since, they are sponsoring their own visit and I am not inviting them ?
    THEY WILL HAVE TO SHOW THEY ARE GOING TO MEET YOU AND YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND THEM AN INVITATION.
    ONLY THING IS IF THEY ARE SELF FUNDING , YOU WON'T SEND THEM AN I 134 WITH UR FINANCIAL DOCS.
    USUALLY THEY GRANT LONG TERM VISAS TO PARENTS LIKE 10 YRS . STAY ALLOWED IS DECIDED AT US AIRPORT.
    iv) Instead of having a set date in mind - can they say they plan on visiting sometime next year ?
    THEY CAN BUT THEY SHOULD APPLY CLOSE TO THEIR PLANNED VISIT. THAT WAY THE OFFICER KNOWS THE SERIOUSNESS OF PLANS.
    v) My parents are educated but are apprehensive about taking English as their interview language ? Would it matter if they choose the mother tongue instead ?
    NOT A PROBLEM. IN FACT THEY SHOULD CHOOSE THEIR NATIVE LANGUAGE IF THEY ARE NOT SO COMFORTABLE WITH ENGLISH.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X