Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice needed_sponsoring parents' and in-laws' US trip while being in OPT status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed_sponsoring parents' and in-laws' US trip while being in OPT status

Hi,

I need a quick advice on sponsoring my parents' and in-laws' US visas (B2). I have done my PhD from a US university and currently working as a postdoctoral associate at one of the national labs in US. My wife is staying with me and both of our visa time period, F-1 and F-2 respectively, got expired. My I-20 is also expired after my graduation and currently I am in OPT status. My current employer won't sponsor my H1B until I consume the whole possible OPT time period including the STEM extension. Now we are planning to arrange a short trip for my parents and in-laws to US. So my question here is, can I sponsor for their trip? and if so, how much money I need to have in bank account. Here I should mention that all four of them will not come together, but two at a time. So, I am talking about sponsoring two persons at a time.

Also, what if they will sponsor their own trip? How much money they need to show in their bank account in that case? My father is a business man and he pays income taxes over the years and he has own living house and other insurance policies as the property. My mother is a house wife and has no source of income. Whereas, my father-in-law runs his own small business and his annual gross income is non-taxable. And my mother-in-law is a housewife too. But they also have their own house, insurance policies and some land properties as well.

please advise as we are hoping to schedule their visa interview soon.

thanks

Your being on OPT may be risky to sponosor them. The ideal thing would be to invite them when
    you have an H-1. If you still want to do that now, the only way could be your dad to show self funding.
    For self funding, they always ask about income from working parents.
    If your dad's income is great like 1L/mo, it is fine.

Leave out your in laws for the time being .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X