Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother-in-law visitor visa (B2) denied at Mumbai consulate yesterday ... need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother-in-law visitor visa (B2) denied at Mumbai consulate yesterday ... need help

Hi,
    My mother-in-law was not granted visitor’s visa (B2) yesterday. She is a widow, working full-time as a Banker in a bank. She has a son, who is married and a daughter who is currently in US. I am sponsoring her trip to the United States. She was having all documents with her so I am not sure why she was not granted visa. Can someone please explain what could have gone wrong, it will be helpful when she goes for her next appointment. When will be a good time to re-apply? after 3-4 months?

These are the questions which were asked by the visa officer.
    1. Why are you going to US ? – For tourism and to visit my daughter and son-in-law
    2. What does your son-in-law does in US ? – He is working with XYZ company
    3. Have you traveled to any other foreign country before ? – Yes I have been to China
    4. Why did you go to China? – My son-in-law and daughter were there in China before coming to US. I had gone to visit them
    5. Where your son-in-law did his visa stamping for the first time? – In Chennai
    6. Can you show me his petition documents? – She showed the documents to him
    7. With whom are you traveling to US? – I am travelling alone
    8. Where is your husband? Is he not here with you? – No he is not there
    9. Not there means he is not here with you or he is not travelling with you? – No he is not there. He passed away.

The officer said sorry and returned her passport.

Visitor visa decisions are based on life situations not documents.

Widows find it hard to get visitor visas because husbands are considered important ties.
    ANd mothers traveling alone all the way to US is not so natural and visiting daughters they may suspect pregnancy.
    If she was traveling with son and d-in-law , she could have had a better chance.

Reapplying without any change in situation is a waste of time and money.
    They will just ask her what is different. If she says nothing, that will be another denial.

Maybe she can plan a trip with her son and d-in-law a few months later.
    If the son is earning well in INdia, he can fund the trip instead of sponsorhip from US..
    Last edited by peace999; 07-11-2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X