Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa extension for my mom.

Hi,

My parents are here for 6 month visit and their i-94 expires on August 27 2013. I am planning to extend for my mom for 3 more months.So we are applying for extension through Online filing and i have below questions.

1.can she stay after receiving the extension filing receipt from USCIS before August 27 or do we need to receive the extension approval?

2.If we didn't receive any reply from the USCIS ,shall she stay 3 more months and leave end of November.

3.If its get rejected how many days she can stay before leaving from the day of receiving the receipt.

4.Do we need to submit the return tickets as well? .This is not possible as we don't know what is going to happen.

5.is the following documents enough

* Copies of Form I-94

* Copies of all pages of passports

* Proof of financial support including Form I-134, bank statements, employment letter, recent pay-stubs and account verification letter from the bank.

Thanks in advance.

If you will apply now, it is very likely that the response will not come until Aug 27. Because it takes 2-3 months or more.
    But she will be legal till the response comes even if it is past Aug 27. If it is a denial, she will have to leave '
    'as soon as possible". which in reality means in a few days. In that case she will have to save the denial letter
    to show when she enters US again.

About return tickets you can book one tentatively and then change it later when the response comes.

Be advised that long stays and repeated extensions of stays can affect future visitor visa issuance when
    the current one expires.

Comment

Thank u for the reply.

I have few more questions

1. If we have made a Visitor Visa extension request and have not received a response on it - Can we stay after I-94 expires? I have read conflicting answers - That once can stay for 120 days after extension is applied and some say as 90 days. Can anybody point me to USCIS rules in this regard.

2. If Visitor visa gets denied, In how many days, should we leave the country.

3.if the extension of visitor visa is denied, it automatically cancels the 10 year multiple entry visa -Is this true. If this is the case why people will extend ,because its not easy to get the visa .

Comment

Originally posted by Vani_Thiru View Post
        Thank u for the reply.

I have few more questions

1. If we have made a Visitor Visa extension request and have not received a response on it - Can we stay after I-94 expires? I have read conflicting answers - That once can stay for 120 days after extension is applied and some say as 90 days. Can anybody point me to USCIS rules in this regard.

2. If Visitor visa gets denied, In how many days, should we leave the country.

3.if the extension of visitor visa is denied, it automatically cancels the 10 year multiple entry visa -Is this true. If this is the case why people will extend ,because its not easy to get the visa .
        You have not read my first reply carefully.

1.Already answered in my first reply. "She will be legal till the response comes even if it is past Aug 27, your I-94 expiry. No 90 or 120 days. TILL THE RESPONSE
        COMES.
        2.Already answered in my first reply As soon as possible which means in a few days.
        3. NO, not true. If you leave in a few days of receiveing denial letter, you can re enter, provided you show the denial letter
        and the officer is convinced you left in time. Your visa can be cancelled at next entry if the officer is not convinced you left in time.

TAKE AWAY; it is best to apply for an extension early during the visit, so the response comes when your I-94 is still valid.
        In your case, it is late for that and if it is a denial, she will have to answer questions at next entry and try to convince the
        officer with the denial letter. To save hassle to your mother during her next visit, if extension is not that important, I would avoid it.
        Last edited by peace999; 07-12-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

i do read the reply ,but just want to confirm with what i have read.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X