Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can A child on B1/B2 visa get addmission in school for 6 months ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can A child on B1/B2 visa get addmission in school for 6 months ?

Hello everyone!

Here is my scenario:

I have been traveling to US for almost 10 years now (so far been to US 40+ times) due to my business. Me, my wife and 3 kids all have 10 years B1/B2, we all renewed our visa's and were granted another 10 years so our visas are now good till 2023.

Every time we have entered US, we were given 6 months stay. We are planning to stay in US for 2 years, (ofcourse we will go back to India before the 6 month stay is completed and come back again in 2 weeks) During these 2 years, can i have my children attend a school in US ? Is there any prohibition in getting admission into a school due to we being visitors ??

Any suggestions shall be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Asad Khan.

No problems from the US school system but it will not work out for you as you are planning.

The reason is ; you cannot spend 6 months as a vsitor and then return in 2 weeks and then spend another 6 months. They will not let you in
    at the airport.

B2 visits have to look like visits. If you are spending close to 6 months, your next visit should be spaced a few months.
    If you are working age, they will want to know how you can spend such long periods in US away from your work in your home country.

Comment

Why u ppl dont opt for immigrant visa??? So much wastage on air tickets..goshhh...

Comment

it will not work out for you as you are planning.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X