Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to submit paperwork to sponsor a B2 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to submit paperwork to sponsor a B2 visa?

Hello,

I have few questions regarding where to submit the paperwork. Please help:

1. Form I-134: where is the form to be turned in, USCIS or US consulate?
    2. Employment letter, pay stub, bank letters: are they to be turned to US consulate at the interview by visa applicant?
    3. Would the absence of income tax returns / W2 affect tremendously to possibility of passing B2 visa ?

Thank you

Originally posted by VYABLERISE View Post
    Hello,

I have few questions regarding where to submit the paperwork. Please help:

1. Form I-134: where is the form to be turned in, USCIS or US consulate?
    2. Employment letter, pay stub, bank letters: are they to be turned to US consulate at the interview by visa applicant?
    3. Would the absence of income tax returns / W2 affect tremendously to possibility of passing B2 visa ?

Thank you
    1. I-134, Where you submit the form depends on whether the alien you are sponsoring is in or outside the United States and what type of application is being submitted. If the person you are sponsoring is outside US it would be given to US consulate officer during interview, if asked for.
    2. Yes if asked for by the officer.
    3. If you are sponsoring yes, it is the only way to show your income stability in US.

To get a successful B2 one needs to show strong family, financial ties to home country. If you can provide more details regarding your own status, on what visa are you in US? Whom are you sponsoring? Purpose of trip? Etc. It would help the experts more to answer specific queries if you have any.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hello,

According to instruction for form I-134 , there are 2 documents required to provide evidence of sufficient income and financial resources:

1. Bank Statements indicate date the acct opened, deposit past year, and current balance
      2. Statement from Employer indicates date and nature of employment, salary paid, temp. or permanent position

It didn't mention income tax return / W2 as evidence. Would it be enough to prove financial strength of the sponsor with only 2 above paperwork?

I'm in US with F1 visa, my fiancee is US resident. He will be sponsoring my mom from outside US to visit us and to attend our wedding.

I appreciate your help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X