Visitor Visa Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Procedure

Can anyone tell me how to proceed for visitor visa. I want to bring my mom for visiting, is it difficult getting visa for widows? Trying to take appt in feb but none of the dates are available.
    After taking appointment, when should I send all the paper work to my mother?
    Does she have to submit all the documents before going for visa interview?
    Is it essential to have liquid cash in bank on her name if so up to what amount?
    I have green card and working as a physician, my husband is not working, will it create any problem.
    How to show family ties in India? Do I need to show any documentation. My 2 sisters live in India and my moms 5 siblings live in India
    I am all confused. Help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Sivap; 09-01-2005, 03:31 PM.

read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/visitor
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I still cannot find the actual steps after getting the web appointment.

After the web appointment,should I send all the papers through TTS to consulate or should the parents carry to the consulate themselves?

If we need to send the documents to consulate through the TTS,after how many days?

Comment

sivap

It is harder for widows but not impossible.
        If she has a full time permanent job/business in India, it will help.
        Your sisters, if young and single will also serve as ties to India.
        You need to send her a copy of your green card, an I-134 with statements (if sponsoring) and an invitation letter. If your mother has very good deposits
        and income , she can show self-financing the trip, and you do not need to send an I-134. SHe will carry all the documents (and not submit) to the
        interview window and show the ones asked for. Does not matter about
        your husband.

Comment

Thanks Taco. My mom is a house wife and she doesnt have enough liquid balance. She has a house worth 25lacs and some land. I am going to sponsor her and send my bank statements. My sisters are older than me and are married and settled in India with kids. Hope everything works well, I'll give it a try.
          Last edited by Sivap; 09-02-2005, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I suggest you read a post by iam_learner whose widowed mother got the visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X