US visitor visa for younger brother in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US visitor visa for younger brother in India

I have permanent residency. My younger brother completed a masters degree from US back in 2006 and left US. He was out of status for more than 6 months due to the fault of the University. Now he's married and running manufacturing business in India. Is it possible for him to travel on a visitor visa?

Originally posted by jplakali View Post
    I have permanent residency. My younger brother completed a masters degree from US back in 2006 and left US. He was out of status for more than 6 months due to the fault of the University. Now he's married and running manufacturing business in India. Is it possible for him to travel on a visitor visa?
    He can always apply for a visitor visa. During interview VO will ask him about the reason for his overstay and if he has a strong enough reason then there should be no problem.

But, let me tell you that he is already starting on a negative foot because Visa officers are very strict when it comes to people not adhering to US laws. Either he takes a chance and applies now or goes for a Europe trip with his spouse and apply for US visa next year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X