Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name and passport and VISA match, but both incorrect

Hi,

I am from India. My VISA and my wife's VISA to US has been approved (B2). But the problem is my passport has my wrong name (one letter missing) and so my VISA also has my wrong name. So both are incorrect. But my passport and VISA name match.
    My wife's passport has my correct name.
    Also, we do not have marriage certificate. Do they compare our passports to match the names ?
    We are going visit our daughter who is on L2. We have her marriage certificate copy where my name is correct again, so it does not match to my passport and VISA.

So does it matter? Or can we both(me and my wife) travel to US without any problem? Do immigration officials check all this? or just individual passport and VISA?
    Also, all my other Indian docs (driving license, PAN card) have my correct name.
    Last edited by anirudv; 08-07-2013, 02:11 PM.

It is surprising why you did not get your passport name corrected when you got your passport.

Anyway, it does not matter for a visitor visa. The embassy does not match it and did not match it with any documents or each other's passport.

The same is true at the port of entry.There they just match your visa and finger prints with their record.

Name Matching is done for an immigrant visa ( passport vs birth cert. or school cert.)

Comment

Thanks for your reply !! Actually I never realized that there was mistake in my name until I went for OFC appointment.

Thanks for response again !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X