Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is buying return ticket necessary before flying to US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is buying return ticket necessary before flying to US?

Hello,

My sister is a permanent resident of UK, she has visa to come to US. She plans to visit US shortly for a few weeks.
    Is it necessary for her to purchase a return ticket from UK to US and back?
    I was going to book her single inbound ticket using my airline miles, i don't have sufficient miles to book her return ticket, but will have sufficient miles in the next few days. So I thought i would book her return ticket using my miles after she comes here.

In India, i have heard that at the Indian airport itself they ask for return ticket and if you don't have done, they don't allow you to board the plane, also when you land at the US airport the immigration officer asks for the return ticket. Is this correct?

So will my sister also who is coming from UK will be asked for the return ticket at UK airport and after she lands in US?

Is return ticket absolutely needed. Kindly advice.

regards
    K

It depends on the type of US visa you are using.

If you are using a visitor visa, in previous times airlines would not issue you a one way ticket
    but these days people buying online, airines won't let you board if you have a one way ticket.

Also, US immigration officials can always look at your ticket to see if you have the intent to return.

so let her buy a return ticket to save her hassles at the airport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X