Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa query

Hello,

My mom has indian passport with expires on June 2014 & She has valid US visitor visit till 2018 on the same passport.

I plan to bring her to US from Oct to April 2014.

Question is the that

- Can she get 6 months I 94 at port of entry ? ( Due to passport expires soon)

- or if i get new passport in India, Can she use the Old Visitor visa or does she need to get new Visitor visa? Meaning is the visitor visa is attached to passport ?

Thanks for the help in advance

Originally posted by Lux_1 View Post
    Hello,

My mom has indian passport with expires on June 2014 & She has valid US visitor visit till 2018 on the same passport.

I plan to bring her to US from Oct to April 2014.

Question is the that

- Can she get 6 months I 94 at port of entry ? ( Due to passport expires soon)

- or if i get new passport in India, Can she use the Old Visitor visa or does she need to get new Visitor visa? Meaning is the visitor visa is attached to passport ?

Thanks for the help in advance
    She will not get 6 months I94. Her I94 will most likely be till only the passport expiry date. It would be best if you could get a new passport. Her visa in old passport will still be valid. She just would have to carry both the passports with her.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Here is the answer for your questions

1. I-94 should be renewed once in 6 months. It is fully based on the visa information and passport information. Better you can renew the passport before leaving from india so that in future you won't find any difficulties in the future.
      2. Once the passport is renewed it'll be updated with the visa information which is available in the old passport. So that's not an issue. (Sending back your old passport depends on the embassy)

Comment

Unique situation

Hi, I was given a visa (tourist) and a couple of months after the issuance I was convicted of a crime, can I still use my visa? Will they see it at my entry?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X