HIB visa expired but never used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIB visa expired but never used

I have a question that could not exact answer from the forums.

I have H1B visa issued for me in Sep 2007 but never travelled to the USA on that visa or any other visa. So it has got expired (6 years have passed). Is there a way to make use of that visa again (since I never travelled on that) ?

Thanks.

NO.

How can you use a visa that is expired? Even if it was not expired, you could only work for the employer who petitioned for your H-1.

Comment

Probably I need to ask differently. Can the petition or the cap be used again as it has not been used in the past ?

Comment

NO.
        If you wish to work on an H-1 now, you will need a fresh approved petition and on that basis , a fresh H-1 visa.

H-1 cap is applied every year so it will have relevance when you apply this year for an H-1b.

Comment

Satish,

I have this query too. If an H1B is not used, till what time can a petition be filed for reviving it?

E.g.: H1B issued in 2007 (and not used at all or used for a few months), can it be revived / recaptured till 2013 only, or forever? The cap is already counted for, so that does not apply again.

Let me know if you find the answer, please.

Cheers,

Originally posted by satishburnwal View Post
          Probably I need to ask differently. Can the petition or the cap be used again as it has not been used in the past ?
          These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

Satish,

See if this thread answers your query in anyway.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Nattybone View Post
            Satish,

I have this query too. If an H1B is not used, till what time can a petition be filed for reviving it?

E.g.: H1B issued in 2007 (and not used at all or used for a few months), can it be revived / recaptured till 2013 only, or forever? The cap is already counted for, so that does not apply again.

Let me know if you find the answer, please.

Cheers,
            These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X