Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Hi,

I have got an appointment for the visa in feb for my mother, sister and I. What I'd like to know is how can I show ties to India?

I am an It professional, have been to germany (hold the german green card) and have returned. My father is not accompniyng us since he is in defence and at the moment it is difficult for him to leave India. We are going to USA to attend my cousin's wedding and I can get a letter from my employer saying that I have a leave of only two weeks. I do not own any property here.

Also for my sister, she is also in the IT field but has never been abroad.

My mom is a teacher in the government sector with 7 yrs of service left.

Any help will be greatly apprieciated.

Hard for young, single people to get visas for a CASUAL visit unless you can show immense wealth or businesses running in India. You only have your
    jobs to show as ties and that may not carry much weight since you
    already have a history of immigrating to Germany . You'd have a better
    chance if you applied for business visas for purposes related to your jobs in IT field rather than for a reason as casual as a cousin's wedding.

Your mother applying alone has a better chance since she has a govt job
    and her husband and both of you will act as ties to India. She will
    have to take care of the funding part (show good income in India or get an I-134 from hosts in the US) though.

Comment

Thanks for the help. But won't my having come back from Germany act as a plus point. The green car was filed b my company for bussiness purpose.
      And the fact that my parents are here in India counts as my tie. I mean my father doesn't even have a passport till now and my parents have built their own house in India. So any other solution? I mean if I show that I have a bond with my company to work for atleast a year or some such thing...will it help?

Comment

Parents are not considered as strong ties for young single people 21+. Because they are considered to be able to be independent. And no parent can bring back a determined youngster from the lure of US lifestyle.

The whole app in toto should make sense, each point like employment bond is not considered in isolation.
        The weak point in your app here is the purpose of your visit.Spending so
        much money and going all the way to the US for a cousin's wedding does
        not fit in the background of an income from an IT job,especially when you are young and single, and since a cousin's marriage is something anyone can do without. It would still make sense if your real brother or sister was
        getting married.

It would be easy for you if you had a purpose of visit
        related to your job. Having returned from Germany would be a plus
        point in that scenario.And your employment bond would work too.
        Last edited by taco; 09-11-2005, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks a Ton Taco. But at the moment I find myself not being able to apply showing business puposes. For the reason that my company has filed a H1 in my name and that has got approved, though I have not gone for stamping since H1 expires if u don't travel withing 6 months of getting it.

Can you suggest someother thing? I have got an interview date for Dec 19th. The thing is that we are very close to my cousins and their mother passed away last year. So it is more emotional value than ever. Since we happen to be the closest sisters he has.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Why did you not get your H-1 stamped and travel on it?
            Consulars do not care about emotional issues at all.
            If not related to your current job, you could find a purpose related to IT
            field like an IT fair, seminars etc.
            You should let your mother apply alone or you may spoil her visa too.

Comment

Well actually the H1 is filed by my company and they ae not willing to let me get it stamped. So instead of giving reason as Cousin's wedding can I say I am going for a month as my cousins have holidays at the time and can take me and my mother and grand parents around for sight seeing as summer is the right month to go there. Moreover my Mom will have summer holidays only during that time. Or something like that. And also I can mention that the wedding is an added bonus.

Will this scenario help? Sorry for asking so many quesstions but I am really anxious as I understand their stand also.

Comment

No, all this is again very casual. You won't have any time to explain
                all this. They will ask you, "why do you wish to go" and they will give you
                the denial slip if your answer is tourism.

Comment

Can you tell me then what can I say? I mean barring the business. My company has refused to give me the go ahead for the business purpose. They said if you are going for personal work then go on the B1/B2 for pleasure.

Please advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X