Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Sponsoring Parent's Visitor Visa

Hi,

I am currently on H-1B in US, and am sponsoring my parent's visitor visa. I had few questions:
    - I am changing my job beginning Oct 2013. The lawyers from my new company are currently working on H-1B transfer. Can I give employment letter from the current company? Will the H-1B transfer process impact anything?
    - Is there any official link (not the immihelp one) which lists the documents that need to be given for sponsoring a visitor visa?
    - Do I need to send original affidavit of support form and birth certificate?
    - Do I need to get a bank verification letter? Shouldn't bank statements be enough?
    - The travel dates are not confirmed yet. Do my parents and brother still need a leave sanction letter from their current companies?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by crazee; 08-26-2013, 11:41 AM.

1. Your current employment letter will state employment till next month. which may present a doubtful situtation to the officer.
    I suggest you wait till your transer is complete. Visa fficers can deny on any whim.

2. Actually "sponsoring a visitor visa " is a misnomer , there is no such thing.
    The application is looked at from the applicant's side NOT from the host's side ; the applicant gets an invitation
    from a relative in US and proof of funding ( I-134 ) if he cannot fund it himself.
    You can read more about visitor visa applications on US embassy website New Delhi or US consulate .

3. Original I-134 is preferred. But original BC is not required. You can just send a copy even that is not mandatory but can help.
    Bank statements and IT returns are enough.
    4. Not mandatory to show leave sanctions but if they apply with a definite plan and leave , it increases the chances of success.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regarding point # 1, I can actually get an employment verification letter saying that:
      "This letter is to confirm that YYYY is employed with us since YYYY on a full-time basis as ZZZ, and her current annual salary is ZZZ."
      Should this be fine?
      Last edited by crazee; 08-26-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I guess it should work.

Comment

Thanks!

One more question: My parents and brother will be going for interview together. Do they need 3 copies of all the documents from me? Or is one copy enough? Also, since my brother is young and only recently started working, can a family interview impact my parent's visa decision as well?

Comment

if he is young and single and recently started working, honestly, he will have less chance at success. But visitor visa decisions are unpredictable;
            there are some posts where such applicants have been successful. so he should go ahead and apply. If they want to deny him, they can do it
            selectively ,meaning grant it to parents while denying him..

Only one set of documents is enough. Even that may not be looked at.

ALso , you can find out details about I-134 completion and documents on USCIS.gov Go to forms and look for I-134.

Comment

Need few more Questions Answers....

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
              if he is young and single and recently started working, honestly, he will have less chance at success. But visitor visa decisions are unpredictable;
              there are some posts where such applicants have been successful. so he should go ahead and apply. If they want to deny him, they can do it
              selectively ,meaning grant it to parents while denying him..

Only one set of documents is enough. Even that may not be looked at.

ALso , you can find out details about I-134 completion and documents on USCIS.gov Go to forms and look for I-134.
              Hello All,

I am sponsoring for my parents and I am on H1-b now, but I have a question, on the I-134 there is a section where I am suppose to mention I am employed as......... So my question here is, I am working for a client through an employer.... So should I mention the client info? or my employer info, as its asking for my office address as well, so if i mention my employer name, I cannot mention their address as my client location is different than my client.

Kindly help...

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X