Visitor Visa - Location of Interview Vs State of Residence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa - Location of Interview Vs State of Residence

Hi, I am trying to apply for visitor visa for my parents. As per my parents state of residence (north east India) - the nearest consulate is Kolkatta (India)

However can I schedule an interview at New Delhi ?

I was told by one of my friends that for India the rules have changed and the interview can be scheduled anywhere in India and its not restricted to the regional consulate

Please advise

Thanks!

Yes, Indian citizens can schedule their interview at any of the 5 locations (New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai and Hyderabad).

The registration system at the interview booking website will automatically assign a post (embassy/consulate) as per the residence filled. You will have to manually change it to the preferred post. But remember, in case after visa approval their passports are not collected from the collection centres they will go back to the issuing post i.e. New Delhi and will have to be collected from there.

Usually no one will ever question why you did not choose the post as per residence, but in the rare case that someone does be prepared with an answer. Better connectivity, familiarity with the place or relatives/friends living in Delhi is sufficient reason.

I personally appeared for interview at New Delhi embassy though the consulate as per residence was Kolkata. No one ever questioned about it and my visa got approved.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice. Please consult an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Visitor Visa - Location of Interview Vs State of Residence

Hi, I am having the same problem. My parents stay in Madhya Pradesh but I want to book visa interview in Hyderabad as my sister lives there, It would be easier for them. How do I go about it? When I enter state of residence as MP, it shows only Mumbai. How can I manually change the location of interview? Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by akansha View Post
        Hi, I am having the same problem. My parents stay in Madhya Pradesh but I want to book visa interview in Hyderabad as my sister lives there, It would be easier for them. How do I go about it? When I enter state of residence as MP, it shows only Mumbai. How can I manually change the location of interview? Please help.

Hi,
        I am also trying to find out how to change the Post (location of interview). It asks State of residence and based on that selects the POST. I am not sure how to change the POST location.

Comment

You can choose the consulate while taking an appointment.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X