Visa for our daughter's nanny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for our daughter's nanny

Our daughter (aged 18 months) is a US citizen; she has been living in Egypt with us for the last 12 months and is now returning to the US. Our daughter travels with us and will be frequently living oversea’s assignments for periods of 1-2 years. We have a nanny who cares for our daughter. Is it possible to bring in our nanny to the US to help us for the 6-9 months we are based in the US. Please could you advise the best way to do this.

Both my wife and I are permanent residents (green card holders).

No
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

It is actually possible to get visitor visa for domestic help, but the criteria are really stringent. You should contact the local embassy in Egypt.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

On some more research I found that US Citizens and non-immigrant Visa holders can sponsor domestic attendants for special B1 Visa, but Permanent Residents (Green Card holders) cannot do that. Moreover, there are a lot of complications involved in sponsoring such a Visa, because the attendant has to apply for EAD after arriving in the US. They also need to be working for the sponsor for at least 1 year abroad.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X