Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent's name spelling difference in passport

Hi All,
    Please help me with the given situation.
    I am in USA working in H1b Visa for last six months.
    I need to sponsor my mother sometime early next year for B2(Tourist) Visa.
    The spelling of my mother's name in my passport is : ABCDOF XYZ
    &
    The spelling of my mother's name in her passport is : ABCDAF XYZ.

As well as all her supportive document back in India has the same spelling as her passport ie ABCDAF XYZ.
    Will this be a issue in getting her B2 Visa ?
    And since my school leaving certificate has the same spelling as in my passport ,i don't how can i apply for this correction.
    Please suggest how to proceed so that her Visa can get approved.

Regards
    Vikash

You can either correct her name in your passport or while filling up in DS160 " other name" write what ever name written on your passport.
    I too had the same situation.My father name in his passport was xxxeexx and in my passport was xxxixx. Minor spelling difference . While filling up ds160 I wrote in " other name " field the name which was on my passport and also had a affidavit stating that both names belongs to him.
    My parents appeared for visa last week and got approved too. These are minor things they only things VO want to see his ties to home country.

Comment

Parent's name spelling difference in passport

Thanks Chetan for your response. Even i am assuming its a minor spelling difference & this might not be a issue.

[QUOTE=chetan03;311014]You can either correct her name in your passport or while filling up in DS160 "

Comment

Better to mention other name in DS 160 and also have affidavit made to be on safe side.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X