B1/B2 Visa hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act

hi, My mother had a visitor visa interview and she was given 221 (G) white paper written"Copy of daughter's Valid U.S visa. Must show she has been in legal status since March when previous visa expired". I am currently in the U.S. I was granted an A2 Diplomat visa with an entry deadline of March 25th, 2013. I arrived in the US on 13th January 2013 when my length of time to travel in US was still valid. Upon arrival at the US port of entry, I was granted I-94 with D/S stamped on it. I am government servant and I am in a program and I have D/S and there is no expiration date. It mean that I can stay in the US as long as I am in the program. I have sent the copy of everything, program documents, I-94 with D/S stamped and my visa copy. Referring to my entry expiration date, Visa officer stated that I need to show show valid Visa. what does that mean and how can i provide them that?

“The visa expiration date is shown on the visa along with the visa issuance date. The time between visa issuance and expiration dates is called your visa validity. The visa validity is the length of time you are permitted to travel to a port-of entry in the U.S. Expiration Date is the last last day you can use*the visa to seek entry into the US. It has nothing to do with how long you may stay in the U.S.“If you have D/S on your admission stamp or paper Form I-94, you may remain in the U.S. as long as you continue your course of studies, remain in your exchange program, or qualifying employment.”D/S allows me to stay in the United States as long as I continue to stay in my program. But I am confused what they are asking for? My mother's case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending submission of a visa copy of her daughter's current valid visa.
    Last edited by ASmagento; 10-04-2013, 03:32 PM.

talk to an immigration attorney.

Comment

Talked with an attorney

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      talk to an immigration attorney.
      Hi,
      I talked with an attorney. He said that I can submit the same documents because it is clear that I am in legal status and Visa expiration date has nothing to do with legal status. I was given Visa with some time frame to travel and i did travel within that time frame. Now Visa validity got expired but m still in the program and still in the U.S. I did sent them the same documents again and they said everything is fine. it will get approved but STILL NO INFORMATION ABOUT IT. They have my mother passport with them. Its been more than a month and it would have been better if we can know whether its gonna get approved or after waiting so long, they might say, it not approved. Another thing is, we had a plan, after she gets her visa, she will go to Bangkok for treatment and from there she can fly U.S but since its taking so long and still no idea how long it might take.Wwe are confused, whether we should wait for unknown period of time or go for the treatment first but still her passport is with them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X