Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for fresh tourist visa

hi,

My wife and myself both held tourist visa on jan 2009 and later that year we also had h1 and h4 visa but when my passport was stamped for h1 my tourist visa was cancelled without any prejudice and my wife's tourist visa had not been touched or any kind of cancellation in her passport now currently we are
    in india after completing the h1b petition term come back well in time, it is 16 months since we have come back we are planning for touring the west coast with my parents who already have tourist visa

my question is

a) is my wife's visa valid or cancelled
    b) as for me is my case straight or will it be dealt with suspicion because i had tourist stamped and then h1b both from india and now again for tourist

your suggestions and views will be appreciated

Best Regards

No suspicion. You did nothing wrong. But your B1/B2 decision this time will depend on your work ties and income in India.

Comment

thank you for your views,

i have been a tax assessee in india for more than 10 plus years now and also have paid my taxes in the usa promptly for the time i was there
      and any idea about my wife's visa is it cancelled or still valid

Comment

Originally posted by traveller74 View Post
        thank you for your views,

i have been a tax assessee in india for more than 10 plus years now and also have paid my taxes in the usa promptly for the time i was there
        and any idea about my wife's visa is it cancelled or still valid
        Since they did not manually cancel it , so it is still valid. It is not issued contingent to your visit visa. Unliike H-4 is issued in relation to H-1. If H-1 goes, H-4 goes too.
        But it is not like that here with B1/B2.

Comment

B2 visa interview

hi,

wanted to know if i could take my wife for the interview in the sense, she already has b2 stamped but can i take her with me after paying her interview fees and complying with the interview formalities, my parents have also got their stamping done for b2 will it be beneficial if i

1) take her along with me
          2) take my parents passports to show it to the visa authority
          3) will it be a added substantial for my case

your views are required and will be appreciated
          Last edited by traveller74; 11-01-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

No. That is not a good idea. Applying for a B1/B2 when she has one already. No way.
            You can take her passport and your parents' passports with you to the interview ,that is fine.

THough your case will be judged on your income etc.

Comment

Query

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
              No. That is not a good idea. Applying for a B1/B2 when she has one already. No way.
              You can take her passport and your parents' passports with you to the interview ,that is fine.

THough your case will be judged on your income etc.

i am following up with the previous reply, do i need to take my parent's and my wife's passports viz originals or photocopies wuld do also do i need to give them covering letter

awaiting your input

Comment

Your case will be judged on your own situation , not because your wife or your parents hold a B2.

THey can probably ask to look at their passports if you mention them as co-travelers.
                If yes, take their original passports with you.
                Cover letter not required.

Comment

Co Travellers

we are four of us travelling to the usa, out the 4, 3 of them have the usa b2 visa the 4th one has to apply, now i have two questions:

1) should i take for the interview with me all the 3 passports or make photocopies of the passports of the co travellers

2) do the interviewing officer has the right to cancel or tamper with the allready issued visas as in my case with my co travellers visas

awaiting your views

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X