Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to take my husband along with me in B2 visa

Hi ,
    I am working for a reputed mnc and traveling to US for 4 weeks trip to my client location for business purpose.I am booking my return ticket before leaving India.

I want my husband to accompany me for last 2 weeks as he will get leave only for 2 weeks so that we can visit some places there in 2 weekends that we will get .For return I will book his ticket in same time of my travel .
    Here are the details.

1.He is working in US based MNC earning 1400000/pm and working for 6 years.
    2.In 2011,he got stamped B1/B2 from his organization.But the trip was cancelled due to some project related reason.
    3.This is going to be his 1st trip to USA.

Questions:
    1.Can he use the same visa to come as tourist to USA?
    2.What all documents he needs to carry with him?
    3.Since he is an IT professional,is there risk involved in his travel to US as a tourist?As i know,if some one gets detained in POE,they can't enter USA for next 10 years.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
    Sanjana

Originally posted by sanjana1 View Post
    Hi ,
    I am working for a reputed mnc and traveling to US for 4 weeks trip to my client location for business purpose.I am booking my return ticket before leaving India.

I want my husband to accompany me for last 2 weeks as he will get leave only for 2 weeks so that we can visit some places there in 2 weekends that we will get .For return I will book his ticket in same time of my travel .
    Here are the details.

1.He is working in US based MNC earning 1400000/pm and working for 6 years.
    2.In 2011,he got stamped B1/B2 from his organization.But the trip was cancelled due to some project related reason.
    3.This is going to be his 1st trip to USA.

Questions:
    1.Can he use the same visa to come as tourist to USA?
    2.What all documents he needs to carry with him?
    3.Since he is an IT professional,is there risk involved in his travel to US as a tourist?As i know,if some one gets detained in POE,they can't enter USA for next 10 years.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
    Sanjana
    1. If it is a long term multiple entry B1/B2 visa and there is no restrictive annotation on the visa, he can use it without any problems.
    B1/B2 means he can use it for either one, B1( business) or B2( pleasure).
    2.Just carry proof of his employment back home. And proof of place where you guys will be staying. In normal course though , these things are not asked for.
    They will just ask for duration and purpose ; you can say I am on business and he is visiting for pleasure for xxxx period.
    3.Totally unfounded belief. The visa is B1/B2 which means it can be used for either purpose. In addition, anyone on business is allowed to be a tourist as well.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      1. If it is a long term multiple entry B1/B2 visa and there is no restrictive annotation on the visa, he can use it without any problems.
      B1/B2 means he can use it for either one, B1( business) or B2( pleasure).
      2.Just carry proof of his employment back home. And proof of place where you guys will be staying. In normal course though , these things are not asked for.
      They will just ask for duration and purpose ; you can say I am on business and he is visiting for pleasure for xxxx period.
      3.Totally unfounded belief. The visa is B1/B2 which means it can be used for either purpose. In addition, anyone on business is allowed to be a tourist as well.

Hi ,
      Thank you very much for your reply.I have one more query..As i will be travelling before him,and he will be coming alone and join me,in that case should I provide an invitation letter to him mentioning that "come and join for 2 weeks"? Or he has to show all the proofs which will show that I am already in US and returning back in next 2 weeks. Example: Copy of my client's invitation letter to me,my tickets,my visa picture which will show that the latest stamping etc.

Thanks,
      Sanjana

Comment

Actually it is no big fuss. On routine inspection,no documents are looked at, he can just say that he is visiting US for 2 wks. His wife is here on business, and he is
        joining her for two weeks of tourism.

It will end at that.

But he can carry your visa copy , your passport entry stamp, and personal employment papers in india just in case they ask.
        Nothing more.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X