Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong case - B2

Hello,

I am looking forward to apply for a tourist visa to US and needed some advice before applying for one. At the moment I am working for a bank in the UK on a work visa valid until August 2014 on a Pakistani Passport. I am planning to visit New York for 7 days for sightseeing and leisure. I am submitting the following documents

1) My work permit
    2) Letter from my employer ( Is a major British Bank)
    3) My bank statement (Approx £5000)
    4) Travel Insurance
    5) Hotel Booking

Furthermore I have also got a valid work permit for Australia which is valid for 18 months and I can travel anytime to Australia to relocate from the UK. Also I have been fortunate to be selected for immigration to Canada and am awaiting medicals to complete my application and shall immigrate by end of next year.

Should I discuss and make the case officer aware during my interview that I have a valid Australian work permit and Positive Eligibility Review for Canada?

And what additional documents shall I attach to make my case stronger? And should I buy my travel tickets?

Thanks in advance for your replies, looking forward to them.

Regards

australian permit and canadian PR eligibility won't have relevance here. They will be looking at your ties to UK and the purpose of your trip to US.
    Documents are not given much weight these days.

Are you single or married? Are you touring US alone or with somebody? Do you have any relatives in US; on what visas?

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      australian permit and canadian PR eligibility won't have relevance here. They will be looking at your ties to UK and the purpose of your trip to US.
      Documents are not given much weight these days.

Are you single or married? Are you touring US alone or with somebody? Do you have any relatives in US; on what visas?
      I am single and have not got any relatives in the US. I am on a decent pay of around 35K USD .

Comment

Though you have a well paying job, it is still temporary till 2014 and with your single marital status, the officer may not be convinced
        that you will return after the trip. you obviously have potential to migrate ; you moved from Pak to UK .

And if you present a purpose of going alone to US for a 7 day tour , it may not sound natural .
        Usually people go with friends or relatives. If you were going alone to visit a close relative in US, it would have sounded quite ok.

All that said, B1/B2 is officer discretion dependent , and you can get lucky with a lenient officer.
        I would suggest you plan a trip with a friend or a relative, if you must apply.
        And no, you do not need to book any tickets in advance.

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          Though you have a well paying job, it is still temporary till 2014 and with your single marital status, the officer may not be convinced
          that you will return after the trip. you obviously have potential to migrate ; you moved from Pak to UK .

And if you present a purpose of going alone to US for a 7 day tour , it may not sound natural .
          Usually people go with friends or relatives. If you were going alone to visit a close relative in US, it would have sounded quite ok.

All that said, B1/B2 is officer discretion dependent , and you can get lucky with a lenient officer.
          I would suggest you plan a trip with a friend or a relative, if you must apply.
          And no, you do not need to book any tickets in advance.

good luck.
          Thanks I'll give it a try though I have been to France and Spain and they didnt have any problems so fingers crossed! Thanks ever so much for your advice!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X