Need Advice - Spellling mistake in one of my parent's Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice - Spellling mistake in one of my parent's Passport

I've gotten my monther's Passport a year back but then, they didn't inform me about the spelling mistake made by - Indian Passport office, inspite of providing all correct Documents. They changed her spelling from 'Pramila' to 'Pramilla'. There is an extra "L" in the name.

Now, I'm trying to reflect the same spelling in all possible documents. But I can't change the spelling in 'My Birth Certificate' which is a must document.

Is it something, the consular officers will accept? (I am hoping to get lucky and it won't come to their notice!).

Please let me know, what do you guys think on this? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Spelling mistake in parents passport

Dear all
    Please help me out in this problem.

I'm applying for US visa for parents, my father name got misspelled in the passport,
    In all his original documens and in my passport, his name is "iyem" but in passport it's "iyam".
    I don't have time to change name in passport because I have reserved the air tickets.
    They will come here for a short trip of 45 days
    Planning to schedule a visa appointment next week, will it be a big problem?
    What can be done at this situation??
    Kindly share your expertise and help me.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Siva26 View Post
      Dear all
      Please help me out in this problem.

I'm applying for US visa for parents, my father name got misspelled in the passport,
      In all his original documens and in my passport, his name is "iyem" but in passport it's "iyam".
      I don't have time to change name in passport because I have reserved the air tickets.
      They will come here for a short trip of 45 days
      Planning to schedule a visa appointment next week, will it be a big problem?
      What can be done at this situation??
      Kindly share your expertise and help me.
      Thank you very much in advance.
      Passport is an important document and one must ensure that details like Name and Address are accurate. Which spelling of his is reflecting in your own and your mother's passport?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X