Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT !! seeking advise on B2 TOURIST visa for US

Hello people,
    I really need your advise!! Firstly I have an Indian passport and have applied for B2 Tourist Visa in India in May 2013 and it got rejected. But now I’m here in London on Study visa valid till year 2015. I came here in september for a post graduate course and going back to India for my Vacation. I ‘m planning to apply to B2 visa again, Please answer my questions below:

From where I should apply again London or India ? What would be the best option ?

If I apply from London, For how long I would get a visa ?

If I apply from India and if it gets reject again then for how long I would need to wait to reapply in London ? or vise - versa !

Thanks in advance.

You can apply in UK as you are on a long term student status till 2015.

But you must look closely at the reason for denial and fix that. That reason can come up
    in UK as well.

Please post your first interview that brought you a denial in INdia.
    ALso post;
    your purpose of visit, who is funding? , any relatives in US? on what visas?
    Are you single or married?

Comment

Hi shalini hw r u will u plz write me what questions they ask u and r u married.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
        You can apply in UK as you are on a long term student status till 2015.

But you must look closely at the reason for denial and fix that. That reason can come up
        in UK as well.

Please post your first interview that brought you a denial in INdia.
        ALso post;
        your purpose of visit, who is funding? , any relatives in US? on what visas?
        Are you single or married?
        Hi,
        Thanks for your reply.

As you must be knowing they never give you any valid reason for denial, All I got was a 214 (b) form.

I’m single presently studying in London. I’ll be visiting India in december as I have christmas break.
        My purpose to visit US is purely Tourism, I planning to visit US during Easter Break with my cousins and friends (they already have a visa) Yes I have my sister (green card) and brother-in-law (US passport) in US, They will be sponsoring me for my trip.

Could you please suggest me the best options.

Comment

214b means they are not convinced you will return. the reasons ;
          *casual purpose
          *you are young, single
          *and you have a blood relative in US on green card who can provide you support;
          shown by the fact that they are sponsoring you.

All these combined tell the officer you may not return .
          The same can happen in UK as well.
          If you still want to try,try in UK and do not get your sister's sponsorship. You will have to mention their presence in DS 16o form but that is it.
          Show your own money( if you work part time or if you
          parents are funding your studies) . Maybe looking at the short trip with cousins and your own money
          they will give you the visa.
          Last edited by peace999; 11-17-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

214b means they are not convinced you will return. the reasons ;
            *casual purpose
            *you are young, single
            *and you have a blood relative in US on green card who can provide you support;
            shown by the fact that they are sponsoring you.

All these combined tell the officer you may not return .
            The same can happen in UK as well.
            If you still want to try,try in UK and do not get your sister's sponsorship. You will have to mention their presence in DS 16o form but that is it.
            Show your own money( if you work part time or if you
            parents are funding your studies) . Maybe looking at the short trip with cousins and your own money
            they will give you the visa.

Thank you so much for clearing the facts to me.

I’m already studying in UK, I’m enrolled here for in a master degree course obviously I’m coming back after my vacation, I just want to travel U.S durning my next break with my cousins and friends in a group they already have a visa. Its just me, 'odd one out’ haha

Could you please tell me what all docs I must carry with me in support of my fact stated above.

Also, I’m still thinking applying from India (as I’m already going to India in december) would be a better choice as thats my home-country. Please advice

I can definitely sponsor myself, will I need to show my Income tax documents also, as I’m student presently (I was working earlier when I had applied in India)
            And Lastly as you have said having a close relative is not positive for application, How shall I counter this in my 2nd application as I have already mentioned it in my first application.

Waiting for your reply, Please advice !

Comment

You cannot change your sister's info, you have to mention it again.
              Your single status , and young age are bigger negatives.

What you can change is, like I said, source of funding and purpose .
              Applying in UK, for a short trip with friends on your own money, while you are a student in UK, makes more sense to me.
              If you will apply from India ,you cannot show the purpose as an excursion trip from UK and it will be like applying the first time.
              So my advice is apply from UK.

That said, B1/B2 involves lot of luck and officer discretion, so anything is possible.

For documents, you will need to show your enrolment in college, leave and where you get your funds, ( bank statement).

good luck.

Comment

You cannot change your sister's info, you have to mention it again.
                Your single status , and young age are bigger negatives.

What you can change is, like I said, source of funding and purpose .
                Applying in UK, for a short trip with friends on your own money, while you are a student in UK, makes more sense to me.
                If you will apply from India ,you cannot show the purpose as an excursion trip from UK and it will be like applying the first time.
                So my advice is apply from UK.

That said, B1/B2 involves lot of luck and officer discretion, so anything is possible.

For documents, you will need to show your enrolment in college, leave and where you get your funds, ( bank statement).

good luck.

Hi,

I’m busy with my exams here and going to India after my exams for my college break, Also I hardly know about how system works here.

I have decided to apply from India, taking college leave letter, student Id card, Visas of people going to travel with me on my trip, bank statements of both UK and India as my supporting documents should be enough ?

Please advise

Also just a general question, It is advisable If I book both the appointments biometrics and with consular on the same day ? As I would need to travel to Mumbai for an interview, As I don’t have US embassy it in my city.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Sorrry for being blunt ; when you have decided to ignore my advice, why are you asking for more advice?
                  Last edited by peace999; 11-19-2013, 01:39 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X