clarification required on port of entry for visitor visa B1/B2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarification required on port of entry for visitor visa B1/B2

I am an IT professional who is traveling in business visa to Chicago for 5 weeks.My husband is also an IT professional who is working in a reputed US based mnc with a good salary.
    He is holding an US visa that was filed by his company in 2010 which is valid till 2020.He has never traveled anywhere out side India till date.This is going to be his 1st trip outside india.

Question:
    We are planning to visit NY during his stay where our friends are staying.Is it possible he will land into NY instead of chicago.The same day I will fly to NY and join him.After visit ,we will come back to chicago and there he will stay till 26th dec and come to newyork on 27 th and back to india on 28th from newyork..

Will this work or he can face trouble during immigration since he is not landing in chicago where I am staying there.

Note: We are going to book all the tickets in advance before he leaves from india.

Thanks,
    Sanjana

You have not mentioned what visa he has But I assume it is B1/B2. And what is his purpose of visit? is it pleasure or is it business?

Whatever it is , it is not a problem landing at NYC, and doing immigration there, even if his actual purpose is somewhere else.
    If asked he must be able to answer satisfying the officer as to his purpose and why he is at NYC?

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      You have not mentioned what visa he has But I assume it is B1/B2. And what is his purpose of visit? is it pleasure or is it business?

Whatever it is , it is not a problem landing at NYC, and doing immigration there, even if his actual purpose is somewhere else.
      If asked he must be able to answer satisfying the officer as to his purpose and why he is at NYC?

Hi the visa is B1/B2. And the purpose is pleasure.Since I m there in USA,he will come to visit some of the places there and come back

Comment

It is no problem then; no one is going to ask him why he landed at NYC.
        Mention purpose of visit; visiting US for xxx weeks with my wife who is already here on B1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X