Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me...

Hello sir,

My mother in law is going to visit us in few months. She has visited us before also but this time I don't want her to stay for full 6 months with us. Is there anyway she can get her I 94 stamped on,y for couple of months?
    Any help will be appreciated. Please...

Sara,

The determination of how long a visit will be allowed is made at the Port of Entry. Unless you need some leverage to encourage mom to leave sooner, your question doesn't seem logical. On the other hand, if it has nothing to do with your wanting mom to go back home earlier, just have mom tell the Port of Entry staff that she only needs 3 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Sara121 View Post
    Hello sir,

My mother in law is going to visit us in few months. She has visited us before also but this time I don't want her to stay for full 6 months with us. Is there anyway she can get her I 94 stamped on,y for couple of months?

Comment

Originally posted by Sara121 View Post
      Hello sir,

To give you an example relevant to your issue;
      I was passing through US to canada and I told the officer I am in US for only 3 days and he gave me 6 months. I told him I do not need that
      much , he told me , that is what we do.
      SO, even if she tells them 3 months they may still stamp 6 months. ANyway, she won't ask for a short stay if she wants to stay full 6 months.

You will need to find another way for her to leave sooner.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X