Transit Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit Visa

Hi I am travelling to USA on my F1 Visa through London Heathrow. I got 8 hours time in between flights I want to go out and meet my friends in London I know I need a transit visa can anyone help me please what type of transit and how to apply can i get transit visa in heathrow airport.

Depends on your nationality. Which country issued your passport?

Comment

Holding Indian passport

Comment

Then you require a transit visa to leave the city but there is a thing called "transit visa concession" .

It is at the discretion of the immigration officer if you request it. Your Confirmed flight must depart in less than 24 hrs
        and you must have a visa for your destination. SInce you meet these criteria, you can request "transit visa concession"
        at the airport.

Comment

ohh is it that's fine then thanks a ton for your information

Comment

Originally posted by Phani43 View Post
            ohh is it that's fine then thanks a ton for your information
            But remember they can deny or give it to you , it is upto them.
            If you really want it for sure, apply in India before leaving.

Comment

yes i want it for sure , how can i apply with in India. Can you please tell me the process of applying transit visa before i leave

Comment

I want for UK transit not for India

Comment

in that i need to book an Appointment ??? is that right

Comment

even when i follow book an appointment i got these information's
                    There are 2 types of transit visa. It is important that you select the one most appropriate to your circumstances.
                    Direct Airside Transit (DATV)
                    DATV nationals must have a visa to pass through the UK on their way to another country. But not to Ireland. This DATV does NOT allow you to:

Pass through Immigration
                    Change Airports
                    Transit to Ireland

Visitor In Transit (VIT)
                    Visa nationals whose ticketing requires them to change airports in the UK and where the connecting flight is less than 48hrs between arrival and departure should select this visa.
                    Contrary to its title "visitor in transit" you may NOT visit the UK, this visa is solely for the purpose of changing airports i.e. London Heathrow to London Gatwick. Sightseeing, shopping, visiting friends and/or family is prohibited.

Visit
                    Sightseeing
                    Shopping
                    Visit Friends
                    Visit Family
                    Visit Visa
                    If you have any doubt about the length of stay or whether or not you wish to leave the airport, we strongly recommend that you apply for a visit visa (change Type of Visit above to Visit).

Out of those two which one I have to select??? The first one says should not pass immigration so i cant come out and second says you cannot visit friends and family so can you help me out please

Comment

You need a VISITOR IN TRANSIT visa.

Apply for a transit visa if you stop at a UK airport on your way to another destination - types of visas, cost, documents, how to apply

I also suggest you talk to people about transit visa concesstion at the airport, if they freely give it ,it will be fine.

You are in the wrong forum . This is a US visa forum so go to a UK visa forum, where you can get better answers
                      good luck.
                      Last edited by peace999; 11-18-2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X