Can i apply for B2 visa to visit an internet friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i apply for B2 visa to visit an internet friend

Am a Nigerian, i have a TRV in South Africa where i have a permanent job. I live with my fiance. I will be applying for a B2 visa in Nigeria, my home country to an internet friend in US. I will be sponsoring myself. He's sending IV letter and his Tax papers. Can i tell my visa officer the purpose of my intended trip is to visit an internet friend and general tourism??????????
    Thank y'all...
    Last edited by drlinc; 11-26-2013, 01:43 PM.

Not recommended. Visiting an internet friend is a purpose that is considered frivolous and they will never give it to you.
    Visiting US is fine but again you are single and going to US for tourism ALONE is not natural. They will think you will never return.

Comment

Peace999,
      Thanks for the advice. Like i said, am not single... am in a relationship, we've got a kid..... Main purpose is tourism and visiting an internet friend.... If visiting a friend is out of it, then is tourism ok?

Comment

Can i apply for B2 visa to visit an internet friend

Better you just apply for B visa without saying you have any IV from someone , if you have a job all you need to do is prove it t them.

Comment

Originally posted by drlinc View Post
          Peace999,
          Thanks for the advice. Like i said, am not single... am in a relationship, we've got a kid..... Main purpose is tourism and visiting an internet friend.... If visiting a friend is out of it, then is tourism ok?
          FOr tourism they want to see a settled person who has a history of tourism to other countries.
          And very good income is a very important factor for tourism. Also a specific factor to consider in your case is your migratory potential
          you migrated from nigeria to SA. and the length of your TRV in SA.
          you said you have a permanent job , is that not in conflict with a temporary visa in SA?

Show them a 'settled' picture in SA with a long term visa, a very good income , a history of travel to other countries for tourism,
          and you can apply with your fiancee and kid ( although I think "married" is better) in SA.
          If you wish to go alone, a purpose related to your work( seminar, conference) you stand a better chance than as a tourist.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X