Visitor Visa for Niece.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for Niece.

Can someone please advise me. I am a US citizen and appliced for a visitor visa for my sister 5 years back. My sister was given visa valid for 10 and my niece was given a visitor visa valid for 5 years. They visited USA once in 2008. Now my sister wants to visit me. However, she cannot travel because her daughter's visa expired.

When I tried to fill I130, Niece is not listedin Beneficiary. How can I apply for a visitor visa for my Niece. Please advise.

Originally posted by Dryice View Post
    When I tried to fill I130, Niece is not listedin Beneficiary. How can I apply for a visitor visa for my Niece. Please advise.
    What are you talking about? I-130 has NOTHING to do with a Visitor's Visa. You don't apply for someone else's visitor's visa, they do it on their own. Your niece must apply for a tourist visa by herself.
    I-130, Petition for Alien Relative - this is for Green Card application for relatives, NOT a Visitor Visa.

Comment

Originally posted by Dryice View Post
      Can someone please advise me. I am a US citizen and appliced for a visitor visa for my sister 5 years back. My sister was given visa valid for 10 and my niece was given a visitor visa valid for 5 years. They visited USA once in 2008. Now my sister wants to visit me. However, she cannot travel because her daughter's visa expired.

*When did you file an I-130 for your sister?
      *Why did you not include your niece in the I-130?
      *What is niece's age?
      *What does she do ? Student? Working?

Comment

Thank you.

Thank you and I am sorry. By mistake, I was trying to fill out form I130, whereas I am supposed to fill I 134 (affidavit of support). After seeing your replies, I doublechecked and realized my mistake. My niece is still in 12th grade and is dependent on my sister.

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X